Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden re-opens tomorrow (Friday March 18 2022)

Some feedback from other fora ...

PBGATK.jpg

Yeah, Pete can forget about getting enough customers to cover many running costs if he sticks to that BS. I wish him good luck, I really like that place, but no way would I take an ATK test in Thailand recording QR codes/tracking given by anyone remotely associated with reporting results to the Thai health nazis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, PattayaPete said:

The "health nazis" were only there for one day, yesterday.  From today we will be doing what every one else is doing and anything we do will be done by our own staff.

Excellent

22 hours ago, VPI78 said:

Yeah, Pete can forget about getting enough customers to cover many running costs if he sticks to that BS. I wish him good luck, I really like that place, but no way would I take an ATK test in Thailand recording QR codes/tracking given by anyone remotely associated with reporting results to the Thai health nazis.

Calm down, don't get all bunched up.....

You need an RTK test to go to a dentist sometimes too. I doubt The Beer Garden are reporting test results, anyhow, there is no obligation to give identification. 

• Downvote 1
7 hours ago, jacko said:

Calm down, don't get all bunched up.....

You need an RTK test to go to a dentist sometimes too. I doubt The Beer Garden are reporting test results, anyhow, there is no obligation to give identification. 

If I had a dentist that required ATK tests before treatment, I'd get another dentist; ditto any service provider of anything for which there are other options.

But back to the thread, Pete seems to be going along with the flow and following what others are doing, which as you know, is post some signs, but quickly get back to ignoring whatever edict/regulation/mandate seems to dictates testing.

16 hours ago, VPI78 said:

If I had a dentist that required ATK tests before treatment, I'd get another dentist; ditto any service provider of anything for which there are other options.

But back to the thread, Pete seems to be going along with the flow and following what others are doing, which as you know, is post some signs, but quickly get back to ignoring whatever edict/regulation/mandate seems to dictates testing.

I had my concerns, but the dentist talked to me, and it is one I have used for some time.... to go off looking for another would be idiotic. 

The test in nothing to be scared of. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, jacko said:

I had my concerns, but the dentist talked to me, and it is one I have used for some time.... to go off looking for another would be idiotic. 

The test in nothing to be scared of. 

I've taken plenty of the nose violation tests when necessary, e.g., for travel, it's not fright for me but rather it is painful due to some sinus and other conditions I happen to have.

But above and beyond all of that, as the over the top test relates to the PBG ... no way would I get one of those for the privilege of entering a place to pay for something I can get literally hundreds of other places all over Pattaya without that swab up the nose.

BTW, for Pete if he's still following the thread ... good news ... Stickman mentioned PBG in his copynpaste blog yesterday. He did also mention though that you should change the name to Pattaya Bay Bar.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, VPI78 said:

I've taken plenty of the nose violation tests when necessary, e.g., for travel, it's not fright for me but rather it is painful due to some sinus and other conditions I happen to have.

I have a damaged septum (so I was told) and get nosebleeds very easily, but did not cry off. The swab didn't go that  far in and there was a spittle sample too. They wanted signature or a QR scan to go into The Central Festival yesterday, although it seemed to depend on which door you used (required from Beach Rd but not 2nd)....

5 minutes ago, jacko said:

I have a damaged septum (so I was told) and get nosebleeds very easily, but did not cry off. The swab didn't go that  far in and there was a spittle sample too. They wanted signature or a QR scan to go into The Central Festival yesterday, although it seemed to depend on which door you used (required from Beach Rd but not 2nd)....

It's similar in Bangkok, i.e., for places with multiple entrances, just try another if you must get into the place.

As far as the other nonsense goes in Bangkok, most seem to still don the face diapers but even that is waning around the Sukhumvit ghetto and out in Sathorn where we are any way. Yesterday I rambled through a few places, and only about half of them seemed to still have the temperature check and tracking sign-ins at the entrance. Anecdotally as it is, I didn't see anyone use either. 

3 minutes ago, VPI78 said:

It's similar in Bangkok, i.e., for places with multiple entrances, just try another if you must get into the place.

As far as the other nonsense goes in Bangkok, most seem to still don the face diapers but even that is waning around the Sukhumvit ghetto and out in Sathorn where we are any way. Yesterday I rambled through a few places, and only about half of them seemed to still have the temperature check and tracking sign-ins at the entrance. Anecdotally as it is, I didn't see anyone use either. 

I used a seafood place on Sukhumvit last night and what I suspect as the Bangkok crowd  in there still wear the masks... good for them. Even the little kids, saw one who had to be fed (usually that is males up to the age of 22 here), wanting to put his own back on. A coach party arrived and all marched in with masks.... I wear one on the way in and out, I like to show consideration for the people around me, but removed once I sit. Fortunately I was the only farang there, as I suspect many others would embarrass me by going mask less. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, jacko said:

I used a seafood place on Sukhumvit last night and what I suspect as the Bangkok crowd  in there still wear the masks... good for them. Even the little kids, saw one who had to be fed (usually that is males up to the age of 22 here), wanting to put his own back on. A coach party arrived and all marched in with masks.... I wear one on the way in and out, I like to show consideration for the people around me, but removed once I sit. Fortunately I was the only farang there, as I suspect many others would embarrass me by going mask less. 

I'd bet most farangs are not wearing face diapers much these days in Pattaya. It's getting that way quickly in Bangkok.

It'll be a long time before Thais let go of the face diaper fetish; a consequence I reckon of the government spending a couple of years frightening them.

1 hour ago, VPI78 said:

I'd bet most farangs are not wearing face diapers much these days in Pattaya. It's getting that way quickly in Bangkok.

It'll be a long time before Thais let go of the face diaper fetish; a consequence I reckon of the government spending a couple of years frightening them.

I don't base my behaviour on what farangs are doing around here, they usually set a poor example..... 

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jacko said:

I don't base my behaviour on what farangs are doing around here, they usually set a poor example..... 

Nor do I although some of them are entertaining. 

Wonder what became of the hissy fight over masks at Royal Garden Taco Bell a few months ago. I think the diaper-less black guy got off with a small fine for aggression against the other fellow.

As far as PBG (or PBB as Stuckman thinks it should be re-named) ... a friend posted yesterday that all ATK requirements have been removed.

27 minutes ago, VPI78 said:

Nor do I although some of them are entertaining. 

Wonder what became of the hissy fight over masks at Royal Garden Taco Bell a few months ago. I think the diaper-less black guy got off with a small fine for aggression against the other fellow.

As far as PBG (or PBB as Stuckman thinks it should be re-named) ... a friend posted yesterday that all ATK requirements have been removed.

He did the 'ugly American bit'... I believe immigration found him, went round and he was apologetic. End of story, although I am unsure how true that was. He should have been wearing a real diaper!  I saw a similar event in a 7-11, an Oz guy, I felt ashamed, he put the young girl working there in a difficult position, not her fault.

I have no problem with Pattaya Beer Garden name, seems OK. Stickman suggesting 'Bar' doesn't work for me, it is known more as a restaurant. Looking forward to some reports from people who have visited. 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1