Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Drivers licence for motorbike

Can someone tell me the approximate cost of a driver's license for (small) motorbike for a (female) Thai?

If you could also recommend a good place to acquire it near Pratumnak (Jomtien / Pattaya) it would be a bonus.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Odense said:

Can someone tell me the approximate cost of a driver's license for (small) motorbike for a (female) Thai?

If you could also recommend a good place to acquire it near Pratumnak (Jomtien / Pattaya) it would be a bonus.

I have a female Thai friend who wanted to get both a car license and a motorbike license, she had not had them before. She went to Advance Driving School on Sukhumvit just before Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. For the car license, she told me it was something like 4800 baht to take lessons and "get the certificate" which would allow her to go to the department of land transportation to take a photo and get her license. She didn't tell me what the cost for motorbike license was because there is a backlog  She looked last week and said it would not be until May to do the motorbike license.

She did the car driving instruction this week and told me queue a the department of land transportation is backlogged as well and she won't be able to get her license until May. However, she said she can bring her certificate to another province to get the license there if she chooses not to stay in Pattaya. This is all second hand information, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
If you're asking about the registration renewal for a motorbike, have a look in this topic.

It was a reaquisition for someone who let it lapse. Probably the same as getting it the first time.

I have a female Thai friend who wanted to get both a car license and a motorbike license, she had not had them before. She went to Advance Driving School on Sukhumvit just before Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. For the car license, she told me it was something like 4800 baht to take lessons and "get the certificate" which would allow her to go to the department of land transportation to take a photo and get her license. She didn't tell me what the cost for motorbike license was because there is a backlog  She looked last week and said it would not be until May to do the motorbike license.
She did the car driving instruction this week and told me queue a the department of land transportation is backlogged as well and she won't be able to get her license until May. However, she said she can bring her certificate to another province to get the license there if she chooses not to stay in Pattaya. This is all second hand information, so take it with a grain of salt.
If she takes it in Pattaya is it not valid in Bangkok or vice versa?

7 hours ago, Odense said:

It was a reaquisition for someone who let it lapse. Probably the same as getting it the first time.

The length of time since the license expired will determine the number of hoops she'll need to jump through to get it reinstated.

How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Tests, and Renewals

When Can I Renew My Driving License? 

You can renew your Thai driving license three months before it expires or within one year after it’s expired. 

If it expired over a year ago, you need to take the theory test again. In case it expired over 3 years ago, you need to retake both the theory test and the practical driving test. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Odense said:

If she takes it in Pattaya is it not valid in Bangkok or vice versa?

According to my friend, the certificate is valid outside of Pattaya. So she can take the certificate to her home province to get the license. 

I see in another response it is a renewal. As forcebewithu states, it depends on how long the license has expired. If less than a year, the total cost will be cheap, less than 1000, probably closer to 300.  

• Like 1

My TGF (now wife) never had a motorbike license so we always had to be on the lookout for the sting operations, but never got pulled over.  I wonder if the ticket is cheaper then the cost of the license.  Or possibly a bribe.  I saw one of those (officer bribe) riding with someone to Korat, seemed like only 100Bt.  I think my driver was nabbed for supposably driving in left lane too long.

The length of time since the license expired will determine the number of hoops she'll need to jump through to get it reinstated.
How to Get a Thai Driving License: Documents, Tests, and Renewals

When Can I Renew My Driving License? 

You can renew your Thai driving license three months before it expires or within one year after it’s expired. 

If it expired over a year ago, you need to take the theory test again. In case it expired over 3 years ago, you need to retake both the theory test and the practical driving test. 

It is more than 3 years so it will be the full Monty. I still prefer that to the hassle of the fines.