Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

First Visit to Pattaya in 19 months

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

You might have lucked out with low occupancy. IIRC, there were reports pre-pandemic that with more people staying there it caused long waits for an elevator.

I think it was nearly full, and there were four elevators, so not really a problem.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

You might have lucked out with low occupancy. IIRC, there were reports pre-pandemic that with more people staying there it caused long waits for an elevator.

Yes, but I think it was occupied mainly by Chinese tour groups. 

It wasn't just long waits for elevators but also the bun fights at the buffet breakfast. 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Bazle said:

Yes, but I think it was occupied mainly by Chinese tour groups. 

It wasn't just long waits for elevators but also the bun fights at the buffet breakfast. 

Great Super Spreaders spewing droplets all over the buffet as they fight over buns and frantically scoop up all the seafood in sight.

The Italians have been Covid testing volunteers on flights from Mainland China and have found that one in two passengers are Covid infected. 

Edited by CalEden
8 minutes ago, CalEden said:

Great Super Spreaders spewing droplets all over the buffet as they fight over buns and frantically scoop up all the seafood in sight.

The Italians have been Covid testing volunteers on flights from Mainland China and have found that one in two passengers are Covid infected. 

And we anxiously await the results of the Italian genome sequencing of the virus they are carrying to know whether it is a new variant.

14 minutes ago, Bazle said:

And we anxiously await the results of the Italian genome sequencing of the virus they are carrying to know whether it is a new variant.

And many countries are now implementing Covid Testing requirements from flights originating out of China. I would certainly question the validity of any Covid Testing originating out of China. 

Edited by CalEden
  • Upvote 2

...back on topic

When I lived in View Talay 6 I would frequently do the weekend buffet at Beefeaters.  Don't do buffets anymore, but thought I'd do this again for the nostalgia.  Last time it was 195 baht but that was 10 years ago, now 345.  They used to have decent ground beef for the tacos, now it's more like powered beef (just add water).  The sour cream is gone but they still offer some grated local cheese.  BBQ chicken is now the mini-drumsticks, but the ribs were OK.  I didn't go back for seconds and won't be doing this again.

IMG_20221224_131043.jpg

I found better tacos at the new food court behind the McDonalds in Central Festival.  These 3 chicken tacos (2 hard,1 soft) were 190 baht.

IMG_20221225_134020.jpgIMG_20221225_135341.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Yes, crossing 3rd can be difficult... and Robin Hood has great service and a fine steak.

I visited Kinks but while quiet downstairs, upstairs was packed, not a seat to be had. 

Thanks for taking the time to post.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...