Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Walking Street seen from underneath

9 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Very interesting perspective of WS! You're a brave guy to walk under there.

Yes I thought that..... been there a long time and looks ready to collapse!

Edited by jacko
5 hours ago, yorta2 said:

I guess that they have to be inspected by Council periodically, and money would change hands....??

Yes, good one! :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Yup - if it was a horse you'd shoot it

3 hours ago, DP Gumbypgh said:

Surprised you didn't trip over any bodies. ? 

Or at the very least catch something unpleasant emanating from the discharge of those freefalling big bore plastic waste/sewage outlets :unsure:

The toilet in supposedly one of the better a-go-go-s was a hole in floor. You could see the beach when the tide was out. They probably were not the only business along there with such "modern" ? plumbing.

• Confused 1

Remember thinking one time that any terrorist could easily sail a small boat laden with explosives under there and make a bit of a mess of a packed disco etc.

On 6/11/2022 at 9:33 AM, firth1974 said:

My thoughts too.  :bow

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Jon77 said:

Looks like about beer garden going to collapse soon with the exposed rebar and corroded concrete pillars. Thailand doesn’t have the best safety regs in place 

With the long term threat of being 'illegal businesses' I expect people do not want to invest in the structures...

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, jacko said:

With the long term threat of being 'illegal businesses' I expect people do not want to invest in the structures...

The authorities have a cunning plan! Wait it out till one part collapse completely or partially,then declare the whole lot unsafe.Swifly followed with a total demolition.In the meantime screw the punters and tourists out of as much money as they can.Another reason to avoid walking street.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, yselmike said:

The authorities have a cunning plan! Wait it out till one part collapse completely or partially,then declare the whole lot unsafe.Swifly followed with a total demolition.In the meantime screw the punters and tourists out of as much money as they can.Another reason to avoid walking street.

Exactly my thought !!!

15 hours ago, yselmike said:

Not sure it is much of a cunning plan or simply the way things get done here.......do nowt until one's hand is forced, usually at the cost of a life or three. 

16 hours ago, yselmike said:

saw a report not too long ago on a YouTube news channel that the city is actually trying to revamp walking street and wants to pretty much rid walking street of all the nightlife.

Maybe if it collapses they can put their plan in place