Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I am thinking of flying in for 24-28 days,last two weeks in November to first two weeks December.Missing the peak season.I can get a direct flight with EVA for just over €830,that seems the price now days,luggage included and seat choice when I book.If I enjoy it and don't blow all my cash I will do another trip in February.

I will probably stay in the Hideaway GH but in case that's booked out does anybody know similar places.Large light room doesn't have to be fancy,but not tatty fixtures.big fridge those little ones are a waste of time, balcony that doesn't get the sun all day,I can still handle stairs.tv and airco are standard and clean towels every day.A microwave would be nice.When I looked the end of 2019 the classroom on pattayland 1 had goodlooking rooms but it's not near LK metro.

Cheers

Have you tried Metro Apartments in LK? A bit noisy, being in the middle of disco-land, but a really nice place and mine-host Dennis McConville, a lovely bloke, with lovely staff. Oh, and yes, you will have to climb stairs. Let him know what you want and he'll be honest in what you can expect.

How is The Residence Garden these days......?

It has been around a long time, but I always liked having a separate bedroom and  living room. The fridge was medium size and I always removed their stuff and filled it as I liked. 

Don't forget soi 15, Buakhao is currently an absolute mess due to drainage pipe fitting...and is scheduled to go all the way to the Buakhao junction, and may well still be going on in November. 

7 minutes ago, jacko said:

It has been around a long time, but I always liked having a separate bedroom and  living room. The fridge was medium size and I always removed their stuff and filled it as I liked. 

Don't forget soi 15, Buakhao is currently an absolute mess due to drainage pipe fitting...and is scheduled to go all the way to the Buakhao junction, and may well still be going on in November. 

It's a while since I have driven past it but for most of the Covid era one half of it was in darkness and there were was very little sign of life in the other half. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, yorta2 said:

Have you tried Metro Apartments in LK? A bit noisy, being in the middle of disco-land, but a really nice place and mine-host Dennis McConville, a lovely bloke, with lovely staff. Oh, and yes, you will have to climb stairs. Let him know what you want and he'll be honest in what you can expect.

I will check it out,cheers.

2 hours ago, jacko said:

Beginning to look like the old school way of booking something for a few days and then looking around.I did forget about the mess on soi 15,thanks for the heads up.

Try View Talay 6, next to Central Festival. Room size 48m2 and all the things you are asking for. Look for Hilton side rooms as they dont get the sun and normally cheaper than Walking Street side. Ten minute walk from LK Metro-ish. .

• Like 1

I've booked with EVA fly out 19 December return 17 Dec cost €877 with baggage and seat selection,if I'm enjoying myself too much I can change the date of the return flight and extend the visa for another 30 days.

11 hours ago, yselmike said:

I've booked with EVA fly out 19 December return 17 Dec cost €877 with baggage and seat selection,if I'm enjoying myself too much I can change the date of the return flight and extend the visa for another 30 days.

Perhaps a typo? Staying 12 months....usually makes tickets more expensive. 

Full disclosure - the owner of Classroom is an old and dear friend. 

Since I sold my condo I have stayed at Classroom whenever i visit.  I find it the perfect mix of Pattaya hotels with a well maintained clean serviced room, larger than normal space, nice hot shower, and some have balconies.  I didn't notice sun on the balconies but honestly I don't use them anyway.  So no clue about that.  The curtains are blackout and no worries if you want to sleep in.

It is reasonably quiet unless someone is making noise in the hallway. I've only been since the onset of Covid and customers were fewer I never heard much at all.  I rarely heard anything from outside except occasionally the soi dogs seeing off the street people.  Or the thunderstorms.  No hiding the noise they can make.  it is guest friendly and your choice of bringing them in through 3 entrances.  1 is private and no desk stop and not thru the bar.  1 is the hotel desk and you can wave someone over to get ID if this is a sketchy new friend.  And the other is the bar if you want to stop, have a drink and maybe a bite to eat or show off your catch du jour.  Well it was last I was there.  He is constantly updating the place so who knows? 

Has a microwave, minifridge (half height not the really tiny ones and enough for me once I empty the stuff they put in it).  Utensils and plates etc.  At least the jacuzzi rooms do.  I am assuming all of them do.

I believe he has finally been able to hire enough cooks to offer breakfast before noon.  Breakfast is decent.  Next door is some of the best Indian food in Pattaya IMO.  The bar food is that - bar food.  Good enough if you are hungry and out drinking. 

Getting to Soi LK Metro is a snap.  Either grab a moto taxi and they'll zoom up Soi 15 (if it's done).  I usually walk and that takes about 7 minutes.  Or the new taxi service and 100 baht gets you there in style.

My understanding is he is trying to hire more "staff" for the bar to increase bar business and the music nights when he has live music.  Staff is code for girls.  LOL

He has enough money to walk away from the business but again, like anyone he likes to win at anything he turns his hand to so he works hard to make it a profitable go.  Point is he doesn't need to rip anyone off so he is honest and expects it from the staff.  I believe they are still running some golf trips out of there too.  Not up to date on that. 

Lastly - great wifi.  He is a techie and loves good internet. 

My room is booked for mid January thru mid March already.  I get one with a jacuzzi mostly because it is bigger.  BTW I haven't been in the other rooms so if there is a specific question shoot it to me in a PM or you could send it to Classroom and I expect you will get an answer from him.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jacko said:

Perhaps a typo? Staying 12 months....usually makes tickets more expensive. 

Ha should be 19 December.

6 hours ago, Shooter said:

Since I sold my condo I have stayed at Classroom whenever i visit.  I find it the perfect mix of Pattaya hotels with a well maintained clean serviced room, larger than normal space, nice hot shower, and some have balconies.  I didn't notice sun on the balconies but honestly I don't use them anyway.  So no clue about that.  The curtains are blackout and no worries if you want to sleep in.

It is reasonably quiet unless someone is making noise in the hallway. I've only been since the onset of Covid and customers were fewer I never heard much at all.  I rarely heard anything from outside except occasionally the soi dogs seeing off the street people.  Or the thunderstorms.  No hiding the noise they can make.  it is guest friendly and your choice of bringing them in through 3 entrances.  1 is private and no desk stop and not thru the bar.  1 is the hotel desk and you can wave someone over to get ID if this is a sketchy new friend.  And the other is the bar if you want to stop, have a drink and maybe a bite to eat or show off your catch du jour.  Well it was last I was there.  He is constantly updating the place so who knows? 

Has a microwave, minifridge (half height not the really tiny ones and enough for me once I empty the stuff they put in it).  Utensils and plates etc.  At least the jacuzzi rooms do.  I am assuming all of them do.

I believe he has finally been able to hire enough cooks to offer breakfast before noon.  Breakfast is decent.  Next door is some of the best Indian food in Pattaya IMO.  The bar food is that - bar food.  Good enough if you are hungry and out drinking. 

Getting to Soi LK Metro is a snap.  Either grab a moto taxi and they'll zoom up Soi 15 (if it's done).  I usually walk and that takes about 7 minutes.  Or the new taxi service and 100 baht gets you there in style.

My understanding is he is trying to hire more "staff" for the bar to increase bar business and the music nights when he has live music.  Staff is code for girls.  LOL

He has enough money to walk away from the business but again, like anyone he likes to win at anything he turns his hand to so he works hard to make it a profitable go.  Point is he doesn't need to rip anyone off so he is honest and expects it from the staff.  I believe they are still running some golf trips out of there too.  Not up to date on that. 

Lastly - great wifi.  He is a techie and loves good internet. 

My room is booked for mid January thru mid March already.  I get one with a jacuzzi mostly because it is bigger.  BTW I haven't been in the other rooms so if there is a specific question shoot it to me in a PM or you could send it to Classroom and I expect you will get an answer from him.

I tried for Metro apartments but they are booked out.I have booked the first week in the i- rovers,biggish room,good price pay in hotel.I wear earplugs so noise is not a big deal for me,light in the room is more of a problem.I will see how it's going on soi 15 before I check out the hideaway.I will probably try to get a room in the classroom,it seems to tick all my boxes and then book it for February if I decide to return.I usually finish my trip with 3 nights in Bangkok,not so many hotels are showing up on the booking.com map.The old Nana hotel is only showing standard smoking rooms,to be avoided at all costs.

• Like 1
Just now, yselmike said:

I tried for Metro apartments but they are booked out.I have booked the first week in the i- rovers,biggish room,good price pay in hotel.I wear earplugs so noise is not a big deal for me,light in the room is more of a problem.I will see how it's going on soi 15 before I check out the hideaway.I will probably try to get a room in the classroom,it seems to tick all my boxes and then book it for February if I decide to return.I usually finish my trip with 3 nights in Bangkok,not so many hotels are showing up on the booking.com map.The old Nana hotel is only showing standard smoking rooms,to be avoided at all costs.

19 November, I am officially old.

• Haha 3
17 hours ago, yselmike said:

I stopped at the i-Rovers once for 4 nights and wasn't very impressed by the rooms.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, TheFiend said:

I stopped at the i-Rovers once for 4 nights and wasn't very impressed by the rooms.

It's just for a week and I will use that time to scope out a few better places.I don't expect much from a guest house on LK Metro so I don't think I will be shocked.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:08 AM, Shooter said:

Someone I know who posts on a different board stayed there recently, and made very positive comments about the place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1