Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anybody know roughly how soi 15 buakhao is doing with the road works? Looking at grand avenue condo from 27 November to 14 December.

Any indications that it's nearly done?

Cheers

This pic is from last Thursday. The white pillar on the left is the Grand Ave entrance. Impossible to say what it'll look like in Nov/Dec. If you're going to book now, I'd recommend making sure it comes with a no cancelation penalty.

P8040062.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

This pic is from last Thursday. The white pillar on the left is the Grand Ave entrance. Impossible to say what it'll look like in Nov/Dec. If you're going to book now, I'd recommend making sure it comes with a no cancelation penalty.

P8040062.JPG

Thanks.I will leave the booking for now,it looks a bit dodgy,coming back at 3am in my cups.

12 hours ago, yselmike said:

Thanks.I will leave the booking for now,it looks a bit dodgy,coming back at 3am in my cups.

One has to assume the work will move towards Buakhao and hence the front is going to get it bad....it does not appear to have moved in the last month, or 3 weeks I think I last tried to pass by there.... I am avoiding it nowadays.

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1

From the description of how they fell into the hole, it sounds like the sides of the hole weren't sufficiently shored up and collapsed when they tried to ride on the pedestrian path next to the hole.

A couple on a motorbike fell into a large, 3-meter deep construction hole in the street on Soi Buakhao 15 and suffered several injuries.

The witnesses stated that the two victims were a couple living nearby and were heading to a convenience store. However, when they reached the hole, the street suddenly collapsed and sent them flying into the hole along with their bike. The witnesses said the victims were still very lucky, as they did not get impaled by any steel rod in the hole.

1F8CBAA0-C4FD-43CD-9155-124A9B9FE188.jpeg

• Sad 2
18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

From the description of how they fell into the hole, it sounds like the sides of the hole weren't sufficiently shored up and collapsed when they tried to ride on the pedestrian path next to the hole.

Yes I saw the report of this incident and am glad you mentioned it. 

Shoddy, but this is what you get here......might take a look at the weekend but have been avoiding it tbh. 

6 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes I saw the report of this incident and am glad you mentioned it. 

Shoddy, but this is what you get here......might take a look at the weekend but have been avoiding it tbh. 

Walked along here this morning. They must of filled the hole in as I didn't see any holes of any great depth! (or possibly, the story might have been exaggerated a little bit)

19 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

Walked along here this morning. They must of filled the hole in as I didn't see any holes of any great depth! (or possibly, the story might have been exaggerated a little bit)

Picture in the article is how that stretch has looked for the past couple of weeks leading up to the accident, with a big hole in the middle of the soi. There has been a narrow stretch on the left side one could walk or ride a bike on to get to The Avenue or Piss Alley to the right of the 7/11. I walked my mtn bike along that stretch last week as I wasn't comfortable riding on the broken, uneven ground. All it would take is one mistake and I'd probably have made the same trip into the gapping hole as the couple did.

1F8CBAA0-C4FD-43CD-9155-124A9B9FE188.jpeg

Where they are digging on Second road you can see large cracks in the road surface adjacent to the holes so entirely possible the same accident could happen again there.

3 hours ago, knortyboy said:

Where they are digging on Second road you can see large cracks in the road surface adjacent to the holes so entirely possible the same accident could happen again there.

Noticed that too, although on 2nd Rd the road surface cracking is farther from the holes compared to the Soi 15 project. On 2nd Rd I think it's a case of rain runoff having found a path under the road surface and is washing out the underlaying sand base.

I have booked the first week in the i-rovers,the next 17 days in the travellers rest soi lenkee,it's cheaper than the classroom.I can cancel anytime.Slight glitch in the matrix! It looks like it's 45 days instead of 30 days stamp starting from October.That means if I can extend my flight I can stay till 3 January plus another 30 days with an extension.I will make my decision during the first week,it's if I can handle 75 days in pattaya,maybe jomtien is better for me.Strange days ahead it might be cheaper to be in Pattaya than the Netherlands in the winter months because I will not be running the central heating or using hot water.Of course the euro is tanking.Thanks for the photos,keep it up so I can book the hideaway if the situation changes before 20th November.

21 hours ago, knortyboy said:

A couple of shots of the cracking on 2nd Rd from this morning.

P8220029.JPG

P8220033.JPG

35 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The old Buakhao leaning utility pole has been reincarnated on Soi 15

Yes I took a pic and posted it yesterday....but you got the angle better.....that is HV up there. Tempted to go give that supporting girder a kick?:P

• Sad 1