Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi, I am aware that the deal with the RG has ended but I wondered if anyone has stayed recently and if it’s the still the same family that own it. I always had good experiences there and looking to book a stay again. I’ve looked on Google maps and it looks to be boarded up across the steps at the front but that could just be from Covid?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Stumpdog said:

Hi, I am aware that the deal with the RG has ended but I wondered if anyone has stayed recently and if it’s the still the same family that own it. I always had good experiences there and looking to book a stay again. I’ve looked on Google maps and it looks to be boarded up across the steps at the front but that could just be from Covid?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't been passed there for a couple of months but last time it still looked pretty dead.

23 minutes ago, Stumpdog said:

Thanks guys. I’ve known booking sites take reservations for closed hotels. If it’s still boarded up at the front then it’s not looking good.

There is a phone number on the website.You could try giving them a call.

• 2 weeks later...

My travelling buddy messaged the hotel and got a reply that they are using only the back building and no timescale to re-open the front building. We won’t go as the front building is the best IMHO and we don’t want to stay at the back.

It still does not look open.
It looks like they are preparing to open.
If the back building is the one with the reception I always enjoyed staying there. Only stayed in the other building once.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Aww - that could also be what they were doing - cleaning it up to prepare it for sale.
If that is the case I hope the new owner will keep going in the same style as before.
But we will see.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if it's reopened as usual? It's actually the only place I have stayed at but the last trip was late 2019, and their website still refers to the restaurant as closed due to COVID which sounds off.

I liked it because it was not far by BB to the beach but uphill enough that the rain never caused an flood and the price and rooms were more than fair.

If it is gonzo what's the hotel of choice with bedrooms and fast wi-fi that's not somebody's condo?  Not Chaiyapoon budget style but not uber-hassle Hilton etc.?

I was hoping a Marriott would open but nothing useful other than a new one all the way in Naklua.

7 hours ago, Grandpollo said:

If it is gonzo what's the hotel of choice with bedrooms and fast wi-fi that's not somebody's condo?  Not Chaiyapoon budget style but not uber-hassle Hilton etc.?

I’m staying at LK President for about 1300.  Alternately, Hard Rock Hotel is around 3000 and Wave is about 5000.  I review all three in this thread.

I also liked Residence Garden, stayed there several times.