Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bang Sue Grand Station

6 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

Thanks.  You have another week to go there and get vaxed. LOL. For free!

Interesting that you get to choose your  poison.  brand. Moderna is free too? 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, jacko said:

Interesting that you get to choose your  poison.  brand. Moderna is free too? 

Yes, you can choose which one you want.  I went with Pfizer because that’s what I had last time (6 months ago).  The arm is a little sore today, same as before.

• Like 1

Remember driving on the expressway a few times as this station was been built. Its one huge and big ass place if I remember correctly! I never thought that there would be enough business for a such a huge station, but lets wait and see.

Are there any other shops or businesses inside the station?

8 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Remember driving on the expressway a few times as this station was been built. Its one huge and big ass place if I remember correctly! I never thought that there would be enough business for a such a huge station, but lets wait and see.

Are there any other shops or businesses inside the station?

The plan is for the huge new station to be the hub for the planned high speed network. The idea of basing at Bang Sue rather than Hua Lamphong is to reduce the traffic disruption the railways cause in Bangkok with the existing network..

• Like 1

Most people there were for the vaccine.  After they close the center next week there will hardly be anyone using the station.

This guy put a nice vlog together

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • 2 weeks later...

A new dual track rail between Bang Sue Grand Station and Hua Hin is set to open this year that will cut travel time in half.  I’ve taken that route three times and it takes forever, like 5-6 hours.  This is a welcome relief.

https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/new-dual-track-train-line-in-hua-hin-to-open-this-year-2-5-hour-journey-time-to-bangkok/

• Like 2
12 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

A new dual track rail between Bang Sue Grand Station and Hua Hin is set to open this year that will cut travel time in half.  I’ve taken that route three times and it takes forever, like 5-6 hours.  This is a welcome relief.

https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/new-dual-track-train-line-in-hua-hin-to-open-this-year-2-5-hour-journey-time-to-bangkok/

It has been a long time coming.... 

I have also done that slow train ride....but oh so long ago.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

It has been a long time coming.... 

I have also done that slow train ride....but oh so long ago.

It took a long time but the 3rd class fare was only 44 baht

• 3 weeks later...