Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Any body have any experience of Airbnb in Pattaya? I have downloaded the app and had a scroll through,there seems to be some good deals available for a months stay.I am concerned about hidden charges such as water and electricity also wifi and getting any deposit back,plus the legal issues.Any info or tips would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I can only advise on my personal experience, so here goes, everywhere you stay for a month in Thailand will charge for water and power the exact price you should ask about before booking and always check the meter. So far, and I hope I am not pushing my luck, I have not been disappointed with my choices especially when I take into consideration the prices I payer before and at the end of your stay. same thing with Wi-Fi, ask. AirBnB do not charge deposits AFAIK and I am a seasoned user on 3 continents. As for legal issues I have no idea what those might be but if the landlord is letting a place, he has no right to then it's his legal problem not yours. I love AirBnB and will use it for almost any country and the places I have had in Pattaya have been great, but always with the caveat that I always hire a motorbike when in town because I can't walk far and I hate the Baht busses. Try it, what's the worst that can happen.

Edited by sinbinjack
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1