Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Places for Sai Oua in Pattaya

Hi all.  Searched but could not find Sai Oua, the northern Thai (Laos) sausage.  Are there restaurants/cafes/street sellers that provide this?  Prefer central, but anywhere fine...

Occasionally seen when they have the food stalls in the malls.... or on the Beach Rd. Can appreciate you liking them as they are good.... My Mrs said a stall appeared on out local market selling them, but not the best.... No longer around. 

23 minutes ago, jacko said:

Occasionally seen when they have the food stalls in the malls.... or on the Beach Rd. Can appreciate you liking them as they are good.... My Mrs said a stall appeared on out local market selling them, but not the best.... No longer around. 

My local TG masseuse, here in Adelaide, comes from a farm between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.  She raves about them.  Have looked at lots of relevant youtubes and the ingredients look great.  Trying to find them somewhere in Pattaya before my next trips so I can try for the first time...

Looked this up as I hadn't heard the name before. I've seen several carts roaming the soi's around Pattaya with Sai Qua hanging from from hooks, then grilled to order. I'll try to remember to snap a pic next time I see a cart, hopefully with a phone number displayed so you can have them deliver.

ChiangMaiSausageAtTonPanyomMarket_AuthenticFoodQuest.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Barhop said:

My local TG masseuse, here in Adelaide, comes from a farm between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.  She raves about them.  Have looked at lots of relevant youtubes and the ingredients look great.  Trying to find them somewhere in Pattaya before my next trips so I can try for the first time...

My Mrs actually started to make them herself and got pretty good at it.... and occasionally presented me with a large coil as seen in the pic above, some of which I would freeze... Then I would buy some really fresh buns or ciabatta, and there was lunch with Dijon mustard or ketchup, as the mood took me. 

Edited by jacko
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm... Tried to insert a saved youtube that shows the making of.  Have deleted because although it was only 42mb, it would freeze not long after the start.  So will try posting the youtube address instead...

Ah, this seems to have worked...

Edited by Barhop
faulty download
4 hours ago, jacko said:

My Mrs actually started to make them herself and got pretty good at it.... and occasionally presented me with a large coil as seen in the pic above, some of which I would freeze... Then I would buy some really fresh buns or ciabatta, and there was lunch with Dijon mustard or ketchup, as the mood took me. 

Sounds great.  Jealous 555. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Looked this up as I hadn't heard the name before. I've seen several carts roaming the soi's around Pattaya with Sai Qua hanging from from hooks, then grilled to order. I'll try to remember to snap a pic next time I see a cart, hopefully with a phone number displayed so you can have them deliver.

ChiangMaiSausageAtTonPanyomMarket_AuthenticFoodQuest.jpg

Hi...cock up my end...  Quoted this post earlier and tried to add a downloaded youtube file showing the making of Sai Oua.  Had a look at the vid a bit later but it had frozen early on - grrr...  So wiped that and started again by posting the youtube address (above post) and that seems to have worked well.

Looking forward to that pic of Sai Oua hanging in Pattaya.  Will give me even more anticipation for my booked trips 2023.  Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

HaHa...a little bit off topic perhaps but there are a few occurrences of Sai Oua in Sukhothai during Loy Krathong.  Far from traditional shapes and maybe preparation perhaps, but what do I know...

Really enjoyed this vid though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2MY7ZIBcc

Cheers...

Edited by keyman
embedding link
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 10:17 AM, Barhop said:

Well a bit off topic, but a huge coincidence.  At last Adelaide home massage, 20Nov2022, same TG talked me into trip with her and daughter in law, which leaves tomorrow (at friggin 0620).  We have hotel Bangkok then into hire car, off to Nakhan Sawan one night, then Chiang Mai two nights, and on to Chiang Rai three nights.  Will fly back to Bangkok, ex Chaing Rai, for return to Adelaide.  Trip ten days.

The Sai Oua will be tried at source.  Anticipate posting a few pics eventually... Cheers all...

• Like 1
On 11/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, Barhop said:

Well a bit off topic, but a huge coincidence.  At last Adelaide home massage, 20Nov2022, same TG talked me into trip with her and daughter in law, which leaves tomorrow (at friggin 0620).  We have hotel Bangkok then into hire car, off to Nakhan Sawan one night, then Chiang Mai two nights, and on to Chiang Rai three nights.  Will fly back to Bangkok, ex Chaing Rai, for return to Adelaide.  Trip ten days. on bus for

The Sai Oua will be tried at source.  Anticipate posting a few pics eventually... Cheers all...

Sitting in a room in Feel Nimman in Chiang Rai, leaving on a bus for Chiang Rai tomorrow.  Have tried northern sausage a few times over the last couple of days.  Not bad, but will hit the authentic late tomorrow :party

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 7:38 PM, Barhop said:

Sitting in a room in Feel Nimman in Chiang Rai, leaving on a bus for Chiang Rai tomorrow.  Have tried northern sausage a few times over the last couple of days.  Not bad, but will hit the authentic late tomorrow :party

Finally sorted the recent two week adventure pics/vids and here's a few...lovely stuff...02Dec22 Chiang Rai - Sai Oua 1.jpg02dec22 Chiang Rai - Sai Oua 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1