Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Question regarding 3 Month validity of 60 day tourist visa

In the past we have always just got the 30 day visa on arrival. This year we booked our flights to stay for 60 days so I checked out the electronic visa website. It states 

"The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months."

I am a bit confused, does the three months start from the beginning of our trip(we are staying 60 days} or does it expire 3 months after issue which could be a problem if I applied too early. I would like to apply for it at least 4-6 weeks before we leave to be on the safe side in case there are any problems with our application. Any insight would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Catbear said:

In the past we have always just got the 30 day visa on arrival. This year we booked our flights to stay for 60 days so I checked out the electronic visa website. It states 

I am a bit confused, does the three months start from the beginning of our trip(we are staying 60 days} or does it expire 3 months after issue which could be a problem if I applied too early. I would like to apply for it at least 4-6 weeks before we leave to be on the safe side in case there are any problems with our application. Any insight would be appreciated. 

My understanding is that you have to use the visa within 3 months of it being issued. If you arrive at any time within that 3 months you will be stamped in for 60 days.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Catbear said:

What you need to separate in your mind is a Visa Exempt arrival, and a Tourist Visa arrival.

The former, you do not obtain any visa whatsoever, as you are in the group of countries that qualify for Visa exempt. When you arrive, you are currently given 45 days Permission to Stay, the stamp will clearly state when you are permitted to stay until. The latter, a Tourist Visa, is a Visa you get online or from a Thai Embassy, prior to travel. It has a Validity of 3 months from issue date for a Single Entry, 6 for the now rare multiple entry. You must use the Visa to enter Thailand in that period, to obtain a Permission of Stay of 60 days. The Visa also has the advantage of not needing a flight booking out in line with the Permission of Stay.... ie, travel without a Visa, and not have a flight out within 45 days, you may have check-in problems.

• Upvote 1

Just to add to the topic. I have twice this year obtained a 60 day visa. As part of the application I have to supply a copy of my airline ticket. In both cases, despite the application date the visa expired the day after my flight.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

On 11/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, teelack said:

Just to add to the topic. I have twice this year obtained a 60 day visa. As part of the application I have to supply a copy of my airline ticket. In both cases, despite the application date the visa expired the day after my flight.

Flight in or out?

Did that also happen to be 60 days after the application/validity  or do they adjust it to be that way mate? Of course it has nothing to do with how long you can stay, as I believe you could arrive a few days before the Visa expires. and would get stamped in for 60 days. 

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
Flight in or out?
Did that also happen to be 60 days after the application/validity  or do they adjust it to be that way mate? Of course it has nothing to do with how long you can stay, as I believe you could arrive a few days before the Visa expires. and would get stamped in for 60 days. 
The expiry date of the visa is the day after you fly out according to your flight ticket.

The last visa I applied for was requested about 8 weeks before the flight. The reasons for this is that you sometime need a bit of extra time up your sleeve.

If your passport got lost in the post ! Disaster!

If you have to source extra material (I had to get some scanned docs from Thailand), and so forth.

I dearly hope that the 45 visa exemption is still going when I next want to visit. The cost, time and trouble of the 60 day visa isn't worth the hassle.

Seems odd and is definitely different than the single entry eVisas issued out of the US.

Mine is valid for 90 days from the date it is approved/issued and has nothing to do with the air ticket. You get 60 days regardless of when you arrive as long as that arrival date is within the 90 days the eVisa is valid. 

56 minutes ago, Peroni said:

Mine is valid for 90 days from the date it is approved/issued and has nothing to do with the air ticket. You get 60 days regardless of when you arrive as long as that arrival date is within the 90 days the eVisa is valid. 

I'm pretty sure that that was the case with mine from the UK in June this year. 

Edit: This was a visa issued on the basis of retirement. 

Edited by Bazle
7 hours ago, Peroni said:

Seems odd and is definitely different than the single entry eVisas issued out of the US.

Same as mine, applied for and received in Canada. 

13 hours ago, teelack said:

The expiry date of the visa is the day after you fly out according to your flight ticket.

The last visa I applied for was requested about 8 weeks before the flight. The reasons for this is that you sometime need a bit of extra time up your sleeve.

If your passport got lost in the post ! Disaster!

If you have to source extra material (I had to get some scanned docs from Thailand), and so forth.

I dearly hope that the 45 visa exemption is still going when I next want to visit. The cost, time and trouble of the 60 day visa isn't worth the hassle.

Thanks, this appears to a policy that I have not seen announced, or could be something they are just doing in NZ... interesting. A policy to stop you changing your outward flight! Can't really figure out what they are up to other than tying the visa to the details they have seen.

As to Visa exempt, I believe 45 days is slated to run until end of March 2023... as is usual, I suspect it will run right up to then before they tell us that it will be extended, become permanent, or even rescinded.

Cheers mate!