Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just a quick question for the expats with knowledge of immigration procedures.  I got my O retirement visa in late September of this year so my first 90 day report is due in December. I have seen conflicting articles on the web about whether the first report is mandatory to be done in person at the immigration office or can it be done online. Which is correct?

6 hours ago, LBJ said:

Just a quick question for the expats with knowledge of immigration procedures.  I got my O retirement visa in late September of this year so my first 90 day report is due in December. I have seen conflicting articles on the web about whether the first report is mandatory to be done in person at the immigration office or can it be done online. Which is correct?

I tried to do my first 90 day report (for the current extension) online and it was rejected.  So I guess you can’t report online the first time.

Give it a try... if it works it works. It is very easy.

If not, there is a separate desk outside handling them at immigration... where I believe it is pretty easy too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I ended up just going to immigration. I started to stand in line at the tent set up outside for the 90 day reports, but after looking at all the miserable looking people sitting there waiting for whatever, I decided the aggravation factor was too much for me, so I paid an agent who handled the whole thing in 10 minutes or so.  

Next time, I should be able to do the report online.

7 minutes ago, js007 said:

I ended up just going to immigration. I started to stand in line at the tent set up outside for the 90 day reports, but after looking at all the miserable looking people sitting there waiting for whatever, I decided the aggravation factor was too much for me, so I paid an agent who handled the whole thing in 10 minutes or so.  
Next time, I should be able to do the report online.

When I used to do my own extension to stay, and 90 day report in person, your point about the miserable people sitting and milling around is spot on.

Worse were the idiots that weren't prepared and then argued with the officer as if their own shortcomings in the intelligence department was somehow the officer's fault.

Edited by forcebwithu
Some how hit submit before I started typing a reply

They have improved.  All you need, at least for a timely report, is yourself and your passport.  Don’t go on Monday morning or Friday afternoon.  Should be in and out in 20 minutes.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

When I used to do my own extension to stay, and 90 day report in person, your point about the miserable people sitting and milling around is spot on.

Worse were the idiots that weren't prepared and then argued with the officer as if their own shortcomings in the intelligence department was somehow the officer's fault.

My pet hate was idiots who didn't even bring a pen with them!

• Upvote 1
On 11/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, LBJ said:

The correct answer is the first report has to made in person and any subsequent ones can be done on-line   ?

3 hours ago, JONPAT said:

How much baht ?

1000 baht.  I realize that’s ridiculous, but at the time I thought it was money well spent.  I’m not sure why, but lately I’ve been in no mood to put up with too much nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Most might already know this, but if you use an agent for your visa or extension to stay, they'll do the 90 day reports for free. In my case the online system is so quick and easy to use now, it's not worth the time and effort to have my agent do it for free.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Most might already know this, but if you use an agent for your visa or extension to stay, they'll do the 90 day reports for free. In my case the online system is so quick and easy to use now, it's not worth the time and effort to have my agent do it for free.

Ditto...

In fact when they did my new Ext, and they told me they had done my 90 day report too, I said 'what for, not due for a while yet?'

On 11/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, LBJ said:

90 days report is due 90 days after your arrival in Thailand not after you get your visa. First one definitely has to be done at the office.

12 hours ago, DP Gumbypgh said:

90 days report is due 90 days after your arrival in Thailand not after you get your visa. First one definitely has to be done at the office.

That’s definitely not how it worked for me.  I arrived in Thailand around the middle of July, and my 90 day report was due in late November. My initial entry was on a 30 day stamp from the airport.  Then, one extension of 30 days during which time application was made for the non-imm O that was subsequently extended for a year based on retirement.

2 hours ago, js007 said:

That’s definitely not how it worked for me.  I arrived in Thailand around the middle of July, and my 90 day report was due in late November. My initial entry was on a 30 day stamp from the airport.  Then, one extension of 30 days during which time application was made for the non-imm O that was subsequently extended for a year based on retirement.

I believe  you would have received a new Permission of Stay at  some point there and that it accepted as also a 90 day report.....(resets the clock to 90 days). 

1 hour ago, jacko said:

I believe  you would have received a new Permission of Stay at  some point there and that it accepted as also a 90 day report.....(resets the clock to 90 days). 

I remember receiving a new extension and, since I gave my address, I assumed it reset the 90 days count, but then I had to pay a 2000 baht fine the next time for being late.  

I can’t do them online because my entrance card is from 2011 and not in their database so I use registered mail.  I’m thinking of making a trip over to Angkor Wat just to get a new TM6, I haven’t been outside the Kingdom in over a decade.

12 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

I remember receiving a new extension and, since I gave my address, I assumed it reset the 90 days count, but then I had to pay a 2000 baht fine the next time for being late.  

I can’t do them online because my entrance card is from 2011 and not in their database so I use registered mail.  I’m thinking of making a trip over to Angkor Wat just to get a new TM6, I haven’t been outside the Kingdom in over a decade.

Probably won't work, currently (recently?) not doing the TM.6 at entry in order to simplify things ?

21 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

Well I deliberately did not say Extension as of course I do that each and every year too,  and I know it does not reset. Except last year  when an agent took it upon themselves to do my 90 days at the same time. You have been planning to do a trip out to enable yourself to do on-line for a while now..... don't forget a re-entry permit. ?

On 11/22/2022 at 12:23 PM, js007 said:

1000 baht.  I realize that’s ridiculous, but at the time I thought it was money well spent.  I’m not sure why, but lately I’ve been in no mood to put up with too much nonsense.

I'm one of those that place my passport in the basker and sit in a chair looking morose while the 90 day certificate is printed out. Third time is coming up first week of Dec; before I'd taken it as an opportunity to be near Cheap Charlie's and get a nice meal. 

Guess I'll do the report and breakfast again; although the picture/copy place offered to do it for me for 200 baht. Not a bad price now I've you're information, thanks.

22 hours ago, JONPAT said:

Guess I'll do the report and breakfast again; although the picture/copy place offered to do it for me for 200 baht. Not a bad price now I've you're information, thanks.

Okay, indulging my inner troll but seems like that would take more time, words out of my mouth and 200 baht as opposed to walking up to the 90 day tent and handing over my passport.

On 11/25/2022 at 8:27 AM, nkped said:

Okay, indulging my inner troll but seems like that would take more time, words out of my mouth and 200 baht as opposed to walking up to the 90 day tent and handing over my passport. 

Oh, I didn't pay the 200 baht, I did walk over to the tent and hand over my passport. Spent the 200 baht on a nice lunch at Cheap Charlies.

• 5 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, DP Gumbypgh said:

To expand slightly, if you leave and come back on a reentry permit, you will need to do the first report in person 90 days after the reentry.  Also, if you get a new passport, the next report will need to be in person.  After that, the online link works like a charm.

26 minutes ago, nkped said:

To expand slightly, if you leave and come back on a reentry permit, you will need to do the first report in person 90 days after the reentry.  Also, if you get a new passport, the next report will need to be in person.  After that, the online link works like a charm.

Thought I heard differently on having to go in person after coming back on a reentry permit. I'll get to test that out in 90 days after my return on 12 May. I'll report back on my experience.

• Like 1