Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

10 hours ago, nkped said:

To expand slightly, if you leave and come back on a reentry permit, you will need to do the first report in person 90 days after the reentry.  Also, if you get a new passport, the next report will need to be in person.  After that, the online link works like a charm.

When I got a new passport, I then used an agent to transfer the stamps, and then get a new extension...they did the 90 day for me at the same  time ...I never went to immigration. Subsequent 90 day reports have been fine on-line. I never needed to do any in person, after a re-entry either. It appears only consistent in its inconsistency. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Thought I heard differently on having to go in person after coming back on a reentry permit. I'll get to test that out in 90 days after my return on 12 May. I'll report back on my experience.

Never hurts to try online.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, nkped said:

To expand slightly, if you leave and come back on a reentry permit, you will need to do the first report in person 90 days after the reentry.  Also, if you get a new passport, the next report will need to be in person.  After that, the online link works like a charm.

I just returned to Thailand Saturday morning and yesterday I received the online system's automatic 2 week reminder for my next 90 day report. So even though my return on Saturday reset the 90 day reporting clock I decided to see how the system would handle an early report. Took all of about 30 seconds yesterday to complete the online form and received the approved email about an hour ago. This also answers the question if you have to report in person if entering Thailand using a re-entry permit.

12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I just returned to Thailand Saturday morning and yesterday I received the online system's automatic 2 week reminder for my next 90 day report. So even though my return on Saturday reset the 90 day reporting clock I decided to see how the system would handle an early report. Took all of about 30 seconds yesterday to complete the online form and received the approved email about an hour ago. This also answers the question if you have to report in person if entering Thailand using a re-entry permit.

Yes that does not surprise me.... your entry into the Kingdom does get reflected in the system........bet you could do an online 90 day report while currently out of the country!

Edited by jacko
  • 1 month later...

I did my 90 day report this week and discovered they built a new building in the parking lot on the right. There are two doors, the first has a sign for queue number, but you can just go directly to the second door at the end of the building where the 90 day report desk is.

3 hours ago, BeerBelly said:

I did my 90 day report this week and discovered they built a new building in the parking lot on the right. There are two doors, the first has a sign for queue number, but you can just go directly to the second door at the end of the building where the 90 day report desk is.

Somebody told me the new building was for all types of extensions.... another source made it sound like Expat services, ie 90 days, marriage and retirement extensions.... know any more?

20 hours ago, jacko said:

Somebody told me the new building was for all types of extensions.... another source made it sound like Expat services, ie 90 days, marriage and retirement extensions.... know any more?

The signs indicate that, but when I went inside, all I saw was the desk to get your queue number and the desk to do 90 day reporting and lots of seating. I think for any of those services, it is the starting point to get your number.

Specifically, I didn't see any immigration officers. I think it's just a waiting room. For example, when I handed my passport over, the girl told me to come back in 20 minutes to pick it up.

Edited by BeerBelly
  • Thanks 1

There's a prominent sign reading "90 Day Reporting" outside the new building, but on entering you also see a couple of desks on the right for other visa matters. Either way, the new facility is a big improvement on the previous crush in the main building. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

With the recent reports of the 90 day online reporting system not working for some, I was wondering if after many years of using the online system I would have to do my latest report in person. Happily the system worked fine for me. I submitted my report at 07:39 and the email approval just came through at 13:09. 5.5 hours from submission to approval.

I'll also mention again my experience with a new passport, exiting and re-entering Thailand, and a TM30 that hasn't been updated since I got it for my current address in 2017; the online system has worked for me every time. Never been kicked back with some mysterious error message.

I'm pretty sure that if I had tried to report in person I would have received some grief on a couple of those occasions, so best advice is avoid their office by using their online system until such time your submission is refused.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1