Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble getting food delivered lately?  Maybe with all the people in town they don’t have enough drivers?  In the last few days, I’ve tried to order food for delivery, without much success.  After a few minutes, I get a message: “all drivers are busy.”  So I try another restaurant. Same result.  I finally just give up.

I’m not sure what’s going on with this site, but I’m trying to make a new post/new topic.

Anyway, this being Thailand, I don’t really expect much in the way of wine. But today, I thought I’d try some red wine from the local TOPS convenience store. Peter Vella, Smooth Red, from California. 399 baht. I wasn’t expecting much, but it’s actually OK, for the price.  According to the web, it’s around $9 in California, so not too much of a markup.

On another note, I see they’ve been dropping chicken stalls around in the parking lots of some of the convenience stores.  I figured I’d try it, but the girl working there was apparently too busy talking on her phone to wait on customers.  After three or four minutes of standing there, I finally went next door to And Burgers to get some food. 

A1E720C4-5960-4122-BF70-11976D6E0E81.jpeg

2DFF61C9-BDE3-4740-9DF2-9B6D1BFCB106.jpeg

Edited by js007
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Good to know about the Vella. I'm taking a break from delivery, I'll try the Chicken place since its at the end of our driveway.

I guess I should pay more attention to the wine that’s available in Thailand, and the prices. I used to buy wine in Phuket, but I eventually got put off by the high prices.  It seemed like a lot of the wine was 1500 to 1800 baht a bottle. And that wasn’t even the good stuff.  Just typical California wine which in the US might cost $10. I can’t even imagine what they want around here for really good wine.  Something like Chateau Lafita-Rothschild.  

I am an avid wine drinker at home but cannot see the value in Thailand. I do go and check out Australian and New Zealand wines when I am there. As a general rule the retail price is three times what I would pay at home. That Vella sounds like a real bargain.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, teelack said:

I am an avid wine drinker at home but cannot see the value in Thailand. I do go and check out Australian and New Zealand wines when I am there. As a general rule the retail price is three times what I would pay at home. That Vella sounds like a real bargain.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Lei just say it isn’t too bad, considering the price. 

I just tried another kind of wine I’d never seen before. I think it’s from Australia. 19 Crimes.  I forget what it cost, but I think about 550 baht. Probably too much. Also, a pizza I got yesterday from Dom Pizza. It actually arrived in one piece.

C71415BC-1F46-497D-80F8-C695EC9CC58B.jpeg

38695726-671F-4F1A-A9FE-A45F1F1FBE86.jpeg