Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I see the prices have started to drop for the direct flights from Amsterdam.EVA have dropped a couple of hundred Euro's,under a €1000 now.KLM just over 1k.

That's for flights from the the first two weeks in December till the last two weeks in January,around 50 days.Would get me away for the darkest and longest nights.

Wow.... looking 40+ weeks in advance? Ten months. 

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Wow.... looking 40+ weeks in advance? Ten months. 

I won't book yet! In the past July is the month to get the best price for a flight in January.I am just curious to see what's going on with flight prices.Same as I check the exchange rate on the TT website.I don't expect €600 flights any more.Things could get strange.

2 hours ago, yselmike said:

I won't book yet! In the past July is the month to get the best price for a flight in January.I am just curious to see what's going on with flight prices.Same as I check the exchange rate on the TT website.I don't expect €600 flights any more.Things could get strange.

Talked to someone recently out from UK via Amsterdam, KLM, his ticket quite expensive and a few terms and conditions came with it. 

Noticed fares back to the US are slowly coming down as well. Finally crossed the insane price threshold into the expensive territory. Since I haven't been back in 3+ years I've rationalized the higher price by reminding myself I'm still money ahead because of missing the cost of three of my annual return trips.

Unfortunately my long time preferred carrier, Delta, is still in the insane price territory. The flight in May I just booked is a United code share with ANA. ANA gets high marks, not looking forward to the United portion of the flights.

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Talked to someone recently out from UK via Amsterdam, KLM, his ticket quite expensive and a few terms and conditions came with it. 

The flight i would go for allows changes,€50 plus flight costs.Thats a biggie for me because I come for 4 weeks and then get an extension if I want to stay longer.KLM have always had the attitude that we should be grateful they allow us on their planes.

• Like 1

I came over using KLM just recently. It was expensive, the food was utter crap and all the flight attendants bar one was over 45 and some significantly older. Certainly not the best for the money.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, keyman said:

I came over using KLM just recently. It was expensive, the food was utter crap and all the flight attendants bar one was over 45 and some significantly older. Certainly not the best for the money.

KLM and EVA are the only airline's that do direct flights to Bangkok from Schiphol,not exactly spoiled for choice.Both are always fully booked in high season.I usually go for EVA.One option for me is to go via the gulf and then stay for a few nights in Bangkok,then make my way to pattaya.I will then not spend a few nights in Bangkok at the end as I have done for the last 25 years.I like to go shopping in Bangkok but I really don't need any more clothes, certainly no stuff.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I have booked with EVA January 9 to February 6.

Clearly the days of cheap flights are over. Paid €1085,pre COVID it was €600-650 .It's a direct flight,free choice of normal economy seat and 35kg hold luggage.KLM is a few hundred euro more.Flying via the gulf or Turkey was around €900 with the stopover.

I have been looking at flights all year for late June. Last year in May I got flights for $1,500 return.

This year I looked and looked and couldn't get it for less than $2,500.

Then I decided to try Booking.com who I use for accommodation.  I got return flights with reasonable  (not good) travel times for $1,900.  So $400 more than last year, but $600 less than travel agents or airlines themselves. 

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, awesum4 said:

I have been looking at flights all year for late June. Last year in May I got flights for $1,500 return.

Then I decided to try Booking.com who I use for accommodation.  I got return flights with reasonable  (not good) travel times for $1,900.  So $400 more than last year, but $600 less than travel agents or airlines themselves. 

There were flights with only carry on,no pre check in seat choice.They are not for me.Flights with a stop over and under 18 hour flight time we're all above €900.

1 hour ago, awesum4 said:

If that's the price for June,what will they be like during the high season?

22 hours ago, yselmike said:

There were flights with only carry on,no pre check in seat choice.They are not for me.Flights with a stop over and under 18 hour flight time we're all above €900.

I've not got checked baggage traveling light this time. I normally check in a pack which holds heaps of things I never actually wear or use in Thailand. 

The actual time in the air is about 18 hours,  have two stops on each leg adding another 4 hours in total.  If it saves me several hundred dollars I can handle it.

I've never bothered with seat allocation I can sit anywhere as long as I don't get stuck between 2 extra large people. It hasn't happened so far.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...