Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

47 minutes ago, teelack said:

It is for this reason that I believe that we need a new forum called possibly "Non Smoking Venues".

An excellent idea!

I cannot see any logical objections to maintaining a list of non-smoking venues.

24 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

Teelack, I'm a former 3 pack a day but not an Evangelist when it comes to smokers next to me. I have to deal with it to catch the bird on the pole and i do. I won't consider spending money in restaurant that allows smoking and wasn't aware they still existed.  America went from smoking in hospitals, grocery stores and restaurants to nowhere, not even on the outside grounds and this happened quickly.  Though i will agree or perhaps disagree, no matter the aircon or separation if you stay for 2 drinks your clothes reek of smoke. Keep letting them know why you leave Teelack. Im an activist against the loud so called music and will not deal with that.  I'm to old for smoking to kill me but i fear being deaf.  Get off my Lawn!

"I have the right to a smoke free workplace".I took some stick over that one.In the UK and many EU countries the unions led the fight to get smoking in public places outlawed.They deserve the credit.

Just now, yselmike said:

"I have the right to a smoke free workplace".I took some stick over that one.In the UK and many EU countries the unions led the fight to get smoking in public places outlawed.They deserve the credit.

PS.i was a 50 Gauloise  a day man.Stopped when I was 40.

Of the GC's I know Club Fate and M Club are non-smoking.

@teelack, since we've already started to list the non-smoking places in this topic, suggest asking the mods to change the topic title to something along the lines of Non-Smoking Bars and Clubs.

Of the GC's I know Club Fate and M Club are non-smoking.
[mention=5439]teelack[/mention], since we've already started to list the non-smoking places in this topic, suggest asking the mods to change the topic title to something along the lines of Non-Smoking Bars and Clubs.
Not requesting, just suggesting.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Teelack, I'm a former 3 pack a day but not an Evangelist when it comes to smokers next to me. I have to deal with it to catch the bird on the pole and i do. I won't consider spending money in restaurant that allows smoking and wasn't aware they still existed.  America went from smoking in hospitals, grocery stores and restaurants to nowhere, not even on the outside grounds and this happened quickly.  Though i will agree or perhaps disagree, no matter the aircon or separation if you stay for 2 drinks your clothes reek of smoke. Keep letting them know why you leave Teelack. Im an activist against the loud so called music and will not deal with that.  I'm to old for smoking to kill me but i fear being deaf.  Get off my Lawn!
Bill. The point I was making is the proliferation of smoke. The air is thick with vapes, Marijuana and cigarettes. It can only get worse.

I not a non smoking Nazi by the way. Friends and family smokers figure importantly in my life. I am against inconsiderate people.

An excellent idea!
I cannot see any logical objections to maintaining a list of non-smoking venues.
Pat. You may well be correct but even a suggestion like this will bring out those who believe that they have a god given right to pollute.

31 minutes ago, teelack said:

Bill. The point I was making is the proliferation of smoke. The air is thick with vapes, Marijuana and cigarettes. It can only get worse.

I not a non smoking Nazi by the way. Friends and family smokers figure importantly in my life. I am against inconsiderate people.

AH Teelack i forgot about Marijuana. I smoke and sold in college but now find it noxious. Cigarette smoke is well regulated.   Point taken.

I'm confused.  isn't it illegal to allow smoking in public places there?  I mean I know it isn't enforced but realistically it shouldn't be hard to find non-smoking venues. 

For myself been so long since I went out at night other than dining and meeting the lads at some open air bar I forget what it is like in crowded gogos and the like.

For myself I gave up cigarettes about 28 years ago.  I am pretty sure my lings are pink and free of gunk.  I noticed when I tried marijuana here (legal in my state) I coughed like a MFer.  Betting back in my ciggy days I wouldn't have.  I find gummies are better anyway.  😄

• Like 1
AH Teelack i forgot about Marijuana. I smoke and sold in college but now find it noxious. Cigarette smoke is well regulated.   Point taken.
Yeah and some prick started on a cigar. Now many people say that the like cigar smoke. Ok but not the general shite smoked here.
I also would draw attention to vaping. Some smells are horrible. Some smokers don't just take a drag but blow out an endless cloud of smoke. It's the change of scenery added to the fact that right now Pattaya is as quiet as I have seen it. Imagine high season!

Heavens Above on Boomerang is also non-smoking now. 

Thanks Ron. I noted Heaven Above in my introduction Last week a big guy lit up. He was stopped after a single puff. Now that is good management

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Smokey bars create fantastic opportunities for revenge farting. I have solved the "if I start laughing - I will get punched out" problem by utilizing the humble lime. Timing is the key. Bite down on the lime when the noxious fumes enter one's nostrils. That produces an artificial - yet effective - "who farted" expression .😀Who Farted?

20 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Smokey bars create fantastic opportunities for revenge farting. I have solved the "if I start laughing - I will get punched out" problem by utilizing the humble lime. Timing is the key. Bite down on the lime when the noxious fumes enter one's nostrils. That produces an artificial - yet effective - "who farted" expression .😀Who Farted?

Are you really older than 12?  That's the age most kids grow out of fart jokes

• Haha 1