Jump to content
Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Recommended Posts

I searched and there is nothing recent. Many posts go back as far as 2005, which predates my time in Jomtien long ago. 

Anyone have an opinion or heard anything recently? Are there better options in that price range? Ideally,I'd like to stay between 2nd Rd. and Beach Rd. 

Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What I saw on booking.com was €1100 or about 42,000 baht for 29 nights  january 3 till March 1.with breakfast though.flipper house was €1564.

They both get a 7.8 rating considered good.not sure I would like to stay a month in them,but if it's for a short stay I would be ok with the lodge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I searched and there is nothing recent. Many posts go back as far as 2005, which predates my time in Jomtien long ago. 
Anyone have an opinion or heard anything recently? Are there better options in that price range? Ideally,I'd like to stay between 2nd Rd. and Beach Rd. 
Thanks
Good question. Like many other I have a dozen or so Lonely Planet books. Since Covid however I think that these are probably useless. Like you, I find so much information on YouTube predates Covid and is also useless.

The more reviews here, the better for everyone.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, teelack said:

Good question. Like many other I have a dozen or so Lonely Planet books. Since Covid however I think that these are probably useless. Like you, I find so much information on YouTube predates Covid and is also useless.

The more reviews here, the better for everyone.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk
 

YouTube was my next step. 

83EC6FD1-1EEF-4262-A76C-A5C77CAF50FE.heic

Edited by 4wheels
Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprising number of YouTube videos 1 year old or newer.Judging by the hotel videos and a breakfast only video,it looks fair value at 199b. I like the location but the newly renovated B building faces the bay but is very loud and the windows aren't soundproofed. I usually stay in a condo or something more a little upscale, but this may work for 2 weeks. It does have a great view from the rooftop pool area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 4wheels said:

I searched and there is nothing recent. Many posts go back as far as 2005, which predates my time in Jomtien long ago. 

Anyone have an opinion or heard anything recently? Are there better options in that price range? Ideally,I'd like to stay between 2nd Rd. and Beach Rd. 

Thanks

Have you looked at the hotels on Soi 10? There is a good selection and they are newer than the Flippers. Likely to be less bar noise as well.

I haven't stayed in any of them but would have a look if I wanted to stay in that area.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I stayed at the Flipper Lodge 2 years and it was nice and clean, there breakfast was okay for me but other's  said the breakfast was good

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CalEden said:

If anything could bring Big DUSA back from the dead, it would be this subject.

Maybe Sky-Top

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VPI78 said:

Maybe Sky-Top

Sad he is gone but this is funny. Someone noted the exposed wiring in the bathroom. He touted the food which turned out was pizza delivery.  I come down from Hootersville monthly.  The Pasadena lodge and the Zip hotel on Diana are good 800/night. Every one knows about the Areca so is typically booked even 2 months in advance. My May trip im treating myself to a one bedroom at the LK Residence but at 2500/night not ideal for long stay.  Air bnb can be useful for a long stay at the Base. But be cautious as less than 30 days are not legal. Some properties ignore this but when i lived at Northpoint on Wongamat they would toss you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe Sky-Top
As many used to say, Sky Slops was well named.

Only ran into him once and he seemed to be one of those people who is impossible to offend. He got bonus points for that.

Those points were deducted by anyone taking his word that Sky Tops was quality accommodation and had a crap holiday.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the danger of Bigd and his rough trade. Anyone who joins and follows this forum knows you can trust advice here. Not with him, if you were new you might book Skyslops to your peril.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tallguy said:

Have you looked at the hotels on Soi 10? There is a good selection and they are newer than the Flippers. Likely to be less bar noise as well.

I haven't stayed in any of them but would have a look if I wanted to stay in that area.

I'll look, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you considered View Talay 6? Right next door to Central Festival and between 2nd road and Beach Road. I've stayed there for periods between 2-4 weeks and has good views towards Walking Street side, the other side faces onto the Hilton and Central Festival.

https://www.honeyscoffeehouse.com 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Sad he is gone but this is funny. Someone noted the exposed wiring in the bathroom. He touted the food which turned out was pizza delivery.  I come down from Hootersville monthly.  The Pasadena lodge and the Zip hotel on Diana are good 800/night. Every one knows about the Areca so is typically booked even 2 months in advance. My May trip im treating myself to a one bedroom at the LK Residence but at 2500/night not ideal for long stay.  Air bnb can be useful for a long stay at the Base. But be cautious as less than 30 days are not legal. Some properties ignore this but when i lived at Northpoint on Wongamat they would toss you.  

A friend recently stayed in the Pasadena Lodge and he was not impressed - he had booked it as he has mobility problems and wanted to be close to the action, but  the room was literally falling apart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt similar my last stay 3 weeks ago, there were renovations finishing,still cans and stuff in the hall.  Also saw a note on my desk that the lift would be down. Luckily that was for about a week prior.Possibly the time frame your friend stayed?  No elevator is a no go for my knees.  That leaves out Irovers, The Mansion and a nice hotel just as you enter from Soi Diana.But all these places are under 900 baht so are not Areca quality.  A bit funny that when I stayed at the then new LK Residence it was falling down with cheap fixtures. That has been resolved over the years.  When I built the house up country I stressed "Spend the money on quality stuff at Home Pro boys"   Any way maipenrai I did agree with your friend. But I think it will return to a good  place to stay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...