Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best hotel, close to action, with reasonable rates

Looking for a hotel that is close to action (right there, minimum walking), that is clean, half way decent service, around 1000 a night, with a big shower (room for 3+ people).

If you are nice enough to give me a recommendation can you tell how many "good" bars are close to your recommendation, and when I say close, I mean very short walking distance?

To get a reservation at these hotels do you just email them, do you have to give a credit card number (just asking because in Angeles, PI, I don't have to and I have never had a problem with a reservation)?

What does SOI mean?

I am going for 2 weeks, is it worth spending a few days in Bangkok first?

When is the high season, when is the low season? Can you expect to get cut rate deals at low season. My experience in Angeles, PI, no, you can't expect cheaper prices on anything during the low season.

Thanks for any advice and any questions you can answer.

Richard

Richard,

If you haven't tried this yet, go to the hotel reviews section of the forums. You can sort by price range in both Pattaya and Bangkok and getting some pretty detailed reviews from the many sage travelers that populate this board. I don't quite qualify as a "sage", I'm sorry to say, having only recently made my first trip there just after the start of the year. :unsure:

'Soi' is a street off a main road.

If you want to be in amongst it, I'm sure you'll get recommendations for soi 6 and soi 8.

Problem is, if you take girls from your doorstep, you will have to walk past them when you want to take another girl.

If they ask for a CC guarantee before you arrive, stay elsewhere. You can call, fax or email. Up to you. I would call and then send a fax or email to confirm. Otherwise just turn up.

Bangkok? Up to you. Why not take a look. can pick up a cheap mobile for Thai use or just a local SIM card(250 baht) if needed.

It's low season now. Rooms are cheaper.

Think of the major nighlife section of Pattaya as a rectangle. You could walk the total distance in about 2 maybe 3 hours. Almost any hotel is in the middle of everything or a short baht bus ride. With no traffic you could drive the route in about 15 minutes or so.

In low season the longer you stay, the bigger the discount. My hotel suggustions, I've stayed at the following: www.skytoppattaya.com clean, cheap 450 or less.

www.flippergroup.com clean, good place 800, www.sabaiinn.com another good hotel 800 or so. Check the review section. Lots of good hotels, some not so good.

Check the meeting section for reliable car and driver. I and many others have used Alex for the trip from BKK to Pattaya. I like his service. Couple of guys didn't.

FWIW, Pattaya is the BEST drug, I've ever used and it is addicting in a major way, 19 trips and still counting. 1luv

I would stay in BKK if you are getting in on a later flight. After a long flight its great to get to the nightlife ASAP, and have a bed nearby. You can then sleep in the following day (hopefully with a warm TG), and make your way down to Pattaya then.

I usually stay one night at the Dynasty Inn BKK, then go to Pattaya the next day & stay 2 nights at the Dynasty Inn Pattaya. They will provide free transportation to Pattaya. Both places are 990 baht.

After that I usually move to the Welcome Plaza Hotel for a week or two. It has an awesome location(near everything - and on 2nd rd for baht busses), a good pool and a great rate (650 baht - walkin).

The Dynasty Inn is definately cleaner and newer (opened Aug 03), but I like the Welcome Plaza for the location and value.

Zeus

When I was there in Nov 2003, the Dynasty shuttle left BKK at 12:30pm. But I would always ask in advance just to be sure.

Zeus

Hi.

You'll hear positives and negatives for BKK.

If it's your first time, my suggestion is definately YES to BKK for a day or 2.

Then form your own opinion.

NEP and Soi Cowboy are must sees.

Everybody has heard of Patpong. Have a look.

With the skytrain it's easy getting around to these places(up to midnight).

Good idea to stay at Dynasty on Soi 4.

It's close to NEP and a 20 minute walk or 1 stop train ride to Cowboy.

I usually walk. You never know who or what you might meet.

Good luck and prepare for a life changing experience.

You'll never be the same again. :rotflmao

chico, from a dog's point of view, wooff :eyecrazy