Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I am from the U.S. and would like to know how long the visas are good for in Thailand?

I know there are different lengths, but what is the shortest stay length? E.g., is there one for 14 days, if so how exactly does that work?

If I arrive in Thailand on June 13th (Sunday) and leave on June 27th (Sunday) is that 2 weeks (14 days) or is it really 15 days, if I count the day I arrive and the day I leave?

Obviously, I have done this before and don't want to get a visa for 14 days, and get my plane ticket a day late, that is, only be allowed to stay 14 days, but stay 15 days.

Also, I don't know what the big deal staying a day over is?

Any info on U.S. citizens going to Thailand with regard to short time visas would be apprciated.

marketinsider,

On your last leg to Bangkok, they will pass out your 'visa' and 'customes' forms to be filled out before arriving at Immigrations. The 'visa' if good for up to 30 days. You put the number of days you will be staying in the LOS. I always put down 28 or 30 days, even if I will only be there a couple weeks.

You will have no problems if you understay your visa. The trouble starts when you overstay. When you over stay and make it back to the airport to leave, no problem, just pay the small fee and your out of the country. Getting stopped with a expired visa before making it back to the airport is where the trouble starts. Once you overstay your visa, you have broken Thai law. There is no charged for the visa and the amount of time you get it for (up to 30 days). So just add a few extra days and your home safe.

I hope this helps.

LeoTex

The 30 day visa issued on arrival in Thailand can also be extended for a further period of up to 14 days for a small fee at the Immigration Office, which I think is on Soi 8 in Pattaya. You won't have any problems on your visit though.

More information on visas can be obtained at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/.

Whatever you do, DO NOT overstay your visa. If you are stopped before you reach the airport, you will (ultimately) be deported and your passport stamped accordingly. This effectively means that you would not be allowed back into the country in the future.

Alan

I don't consider the current cost of a visa extensions as "a small fee" it is 1900 Bt nowadays. Bear in mind that a visa run to Kampuchea costs about 2400 Bt all in and you get another 30 days (Unless you have a multiple entry visa of course)stevoh

Apologies - I had intended typing "small" rather than small but omitted the inverted commas. Really quite high if you're just needing a 2 week extension.

Alan

You can also get a two-month visa from the Thai embassy or a Thai consulate before leaving the U.S.

If you can get some one in Thailand (a company/university/doctor) to write a letter saying you have business/research/medical purposes for being in Thailand a lot over the year you can get a 12-month visa but have to leave and re-enter at least once every three months.

-Vox