Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Eva Air upgrade changes

I am trying to book my next trip August or September, after the 30th of June we will need 20,000 miles for an upgrade to Evergreen Deluxe from Economy on one longhaul flight instead of the current 15,000 miles. I currently have 40,000 miles so I'll be OK for my next trip.

I might say "fuck it" and book Evergreen Deluxe and use 30,000 miles and fly in Business.

Economy→Evergreen Deluxe

Route/Asia 10,000 Miles/2 Award Cheques

Route/Seattle→ New York V.V. 10,000 Miles/2 Award Cheques

Route/America Europe Before Jun/30/2004(Travel Date)

15,000 Miles/3 Award Cheques

Starting from Jul/01/2004(Travel Date)

20,000 Miles/4 Award Cheques

Evergreen Deluxe→ Super Business

Route/Asia 15,000 Miles/3 Award Cheques

Route/Seattle→ New York V.V. 15,000 Miles/3 Award Cheques

Route/America Europe 30,000 Miles/6 Award Cheques

KJ,

It will cost you 45000 to upgrade to Business Class. I did that on the return leg of my upcoming trip, because they're using a regular 747-400, instead of of the 747-combi. Evergreen Deluxe is 2 sections of the Combi, whereas it is one on the regular 400. They should get rid of the 400s and use Combis because they hardly ever fill up the 1st class section. When FW and I flew last May, the whole 1st class section was completely empty.

kjvegas

If am correct, one good thing is that the dlx to bzns upgrd is still the same at 30k.

It's to bad about the chng for the dlx upgrd, guess they feel the need to do

so to maybe help eleviate the now higher demand for this upgrd since acquiring

more and more customers as well having continued to raise the fare in dlx.

My only regret is that they maybe would of thought about us loyal customers

who have helped make the airline what it is today over the last few yrs, post 911.

To of maybe at least sent a free upgrd voucher in lieu of the change of new

required miles to upgrd, would of been welcomed and appreciated by there more

frequent trvlrs. Think by simply showing their appreciation by this small gesture,

they would of gained much more respect and quarantee of stable revenue for

future yrs of travel.

Would of thought better of this airline! :beer

PS. As well, I would think that EVA might soon consider a great needed

upgrade to the business class seats.

As most frequent buisness trvlers know, they are far outclassed in this deprtmnt

in comparison to other airlines which many have converted to the sleeper style

seats and are much improved over EVA's. :crying

I personally don't believe I shall even consider using my miles until they

make these changes. I 've heard of the new so called laurel class, though not

sure if are quite up to par or if are sleeper type seats. Though as well this be for

now predominantly restrictedly to there 767 aircraft which are on limited routes!

I'm now considering trying China airline, as believe they have less of a mileage

requirement to upgrd from there less expensive eco clss to bzn than EVA has from

a more expensive dlx eco to a much lesser bzns clss. :beer

Pttyabri :D

:crying Yes I just got the enews letter today. As I have 5000 miles expiring at the end of the year I decided to book economy and have an upgrade to avoid wasting miles. It appears that miles accrued under the old voucher system even when transferred to the new electronic scheme still retain their 3 year expiry. Pity I was hoping for a free flight next year.

When I booked the flight they confirmed the upgrade for the outward bound flight on 1st June but said they would get back to me about the return on the 29th July. Now I know why.

stevoh.

PS Don't waste miles upgrading to Business from Evergreen, I did it once & it just isn't worth it!

PPS The LHR - BKK flights with the exception of Wednesday flights are not on Combi aircraft anymore so the best Evergreen seats which were right in the nose are no longer as it is now first class.

:P GREAT!!! I've just had a look at my mileage page on EVA Air's website and they have given me the upgrades both ways for 15,000 miles each.

The mileage record you need is as follows. - Mileage Deduct (include return)

Mileage Redeem/Mileage Returned for Redemption

Description In-Date E-Mileage

Upgrade / 2004/06/01 BR0068 O LONBKK -15000 2004/06/01

Upgrade / 2004/07/29 BR0067 O BKKLON -15000 2004/07/29

If you have any further question about your mileage accumulation, please feel free to contact Evergreen Club Service Center.

I booked on the 6th April so it looks like if you get in quick you might still get the upgrade at the old rates.

stevoh.

I just got off the phone with Eva air and I reserved a ticket for August the 13th returning August 31st. I was going to use my 40,000 miles to upgrade on the 2 longhaul flights (20,000 each) but the woman said because I booked before July 1st it is only costing me 15,000 each way, I still have an extra 10,000 for later. You have until July 1st to get the 15,000 upgrade.

cheers

kj

4 months and counting

:

PPS The LHR - BKK flights with the exception of Wednesday flights are not on Combi aircraft anymore so the best Evergreen seats which were right in the nose are no longer as it is now first class.

stevemcm ! regarding your quote,I booked Evergreen LHR-BKK on a Thursday ( July ) seats 22 A & C and thats at the front .

they use 3 types of seating configuration (386 seats) (272 seats combi ) (342 seats ).

What a job typing this with the keyboard playing up :eyecrazy :eyecrazy :cussing :cussing

Dave,

as you say EVA have 3 different seating arrangements on the 747s, plans of each can be found here:'

http://www.evaair.com/image/global/chinese...747-400-368.jpg

http://www.evaair.com/image/global/chinese...747-400-386.jpg

http://www.frequentflyer.oag.com/airlines_...airline=Eva+Air

I flew on Sat 3/1/2004 it was a 368 seater and on Wed 31/3/2004 it was a Combi the booking clerk told me Combis are only used on Wed flights to & from LHR. It is a pain if they mix the 368 & 386 seaters cos the booking clerks dont know which version is used on any particular day all they can say is whether it is a 744 or 74E.

Stevoh.

stevoh,

I flew with EVA First Class LHR-BKK-LHR last month on Thu/Sat flights. In both cases the aircraft were in a 386 seat configuration i.e. 8 First Class upstairs in two rows of 2-2. I would agree with the poster who pointed out that neither First nor Business Class on EVA is a particularly good product. Hopefully they will get some of the 777s on the route soon together with the Premium Laurel and Enhanced Evergreen Deluxe interiors. Confirmation of a significant purchase and lease of both 777-300LR and ER was announced yesterday (Tue) with further details to be announced on Fri. We can but hope .........

Tom

They still used the Combi on Sunday flights in February. I'm a bit cheesed off with the new mileage rules, but not the end of the world.

Eva never seem to upgrade like other airlines, when I flew out with the 1st at the front of the aircraft there were only 1 or 2 passengers in the first cabin. If that were Virgin they'd have moved customers up and squeeze more in the back.

Rgds

Do not book the front row seats in Evergreen Deluxe Class where these seats are at the front of the nose of the plane. In front of you are fold down baby changers. They put the children under 2 here. Shit and screaming all flight. NO THANKS.