Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

When does the Navy come to town this year?

i'm in town 21 to 28 May but i heard this is about the time that the US Navy exercises close down and the all come on shore.... i know they don't publicise when they will be there but i'm not sure i fancy fighting my way through the bars if they are there... maybe it's better to head back to bkk when they arrive, what do you guys think and is anyone planning to be in town same time as me?

i'm in town 21 to 28 May but i heard this is about the time that the US Navy exercises close down and the all come on shore.... i know they don't publicise when they will be there but i'm not sure i fancy fighting my way through the bars if they are there... maybe it's better to head back to bkk when they arrive, what do you guys think and is anyone planning to be in town same time as me?

read here

dont worry about them, its a big town! :D

Only a certain number of the American troops are allowed on leave at any given time, they don't all flood in at the end. You don't really have to worry about it.

-Vox

there were a few on liberty when I was there 1-12 apr.

very easy to spot, shorts, no shirt and a back pack.

unlike when I was their age on leave/pass, they are generally well behaived,

of course none of them have been drafted or "court ordered" into the service! :)

they didn't seem to make much of an impact and stay around walking street.

Every year someone panics because of "Cobra Gold" or "the Navy's coming to town."

Really, its no big deal! The young guys have a ball with the little money they have to spend. They have all been cautioned by their commanders concerning behavior. Buy them a beer or so. They will be some of the nicest young people you have ever met.

Roy

I was in Pattaya during Cobra Gold last year and there was 0 problems with the GI's. They were well behaved and Pattaya a big town so they spread out.

I was in Pattaya last year during CB. Everything was fine, except at the hotel, the GI's hit on my TG's.

Pretty much what drunk guys do. Really no different from any of the other drunk guys in town.

I got to say goodbye to a few leaving to go back home. Most of these guys were support personal and

had been there for a month or more.

I overheard one the TG's say to the guy she had just spent a month with.

"I forget you in one hour"

Later saw her and 3 of her TG friends sitting at the pool having a hell of a party.

That hit home.

I'm about a hair trigger away from booking a trip for May 19-June 6. I would worry more about the heat.

Get a place with a nice pool and enjoy. You'll be able to spot the areas where the sailors are. There will be

pairs of MP's on patrol. Last year they were restricted to certain area's. I never really saw masses of

sailors. Just a few groups here and there.

I just returned from Pattaya and they were in town in very few numbers. You can not even notice them unless you know what you are looking for. Being retired Navy, I can pick them out. So enjoy your trip and don't worry, there are enough TG's to keep you happy.

I saw the US-Navy troops (not just guys, there were ladies, too :) ) a few years ago and there never was any trouble at all.

I'd worry about something much more obvious: when the Navy hits Pattaya, Pattaya shall instantly become a target for a terrorist attack.

Memory of Indonesia is still fresh in my mind... :D

Over the years I must have seen literally thousands of US servicemen in Pattaya and Phuket, and I can only remember one being really drunk and troublesome; that's a pretty good average. As others have said, there will be plenty of ladies to go around, and one girl told me they actually prefer "regular" punters. Not only do they tend to be freer with the dosh, but if things happen to turn nasty (always a calculated risk for the girl) then the hotel & police would know all his details; a serviceman on the other hand, would probably get whisked back to the ship by his mates and never be seen again. So don't worry, it will be fine. :chogdee

I was in Pattaya last May, and the streets were quite empty compared to November last year. And the pickings were real good also. This year I read it's May 15 - 29. Though, I could be wrong.

I was there last year when Cobra gold was in full swing and never had a problem did not even know they were in town some one at a beer bar told me, they won't bother you at all !!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact any Americans that happen to see a couple of them at a bar or ago go should coffer up a few bucks and buy them a drink these guys put there life on the line I think we owe um as always My Opinion.

whilst on the subject of cobra cold, i was talking to the g/friend the other day about it and she told me last year a member of the military got stabbed to death outside some hotel around the arab quarter, by an arab

now i never read about this or heard about it, so i suggested that she might be full of shit. but she is adamant this happened, anyone hear about it?

There you go "saber rattling" again.  :beer  :D  BTW, I agree and did so last May, but if you really appreciate their efforts you would take em to the gold shop with your tilac.  :lol:

Hub,

I think Larry would be willing to do just that if she was attractive, had a great figure and was a top performer :D

Emil