Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Generally, when it rains in August and September, how long does the rain last. A couple of hours? All day?

Thanks

Both, a sudden deluge can dump as much water as a days steady rain. At night you can't see the aproaching clouds and it is not uncommon to be stuck drinking in some bar cos its too wet to go out ! :rolleyes:

Difficult to answer .....it generally starts to rain about 6pm for an hour or two.....this said its probably the equivilant of a days worth elsewhere. It can rain heavy during the day but normally the clouds start to gather about 3pm. Its been raining heavy today in Pattaya but it needed it .....its been to hot here this month.....clears the air a bit!

Don't worry about it. So it rains....hell, its only water! Pattaya doesn't get the full effect of the monsoon season as Pattaya is SE of BKK. The monsoon tracks from the SW (which includes Phuket) and heads NW. The lower edge catches BKK, so you will hear of flooding there. The monsoon soaks the NE which is the main rice growing area of Thailand. Pattaya may have rain for an hour or two each day, but its no big deal. So you get stuck in a bar. Thats bad? So you get wet going back to the hotel. You are going to shower anyway. Mai pan rai.

Roy

It tends to be a series of short heavy bursts rather than one long continual one, so it isn't too difficult to avoid.

But what the hell, even if you do get wet you'll have dried out before you know it. :livid

be seeing you

monkeyman

Off-note:

when it rains buckets-wise (usually not longer than an hour, in the evening and it feels so, really), power-failures in the beer bars occasionally occur, but it usually gets sorted out quite fast, so nothing to worry about... :)

I got caught out by the rain in Bangkok on my trip last June. I was having a few drinks in Nana Plaza before catching a Taxi to the airport. All of a sudden the Heavens broke. I tried to wait it out but in the end it was get wet or miss the plane. The water came up to the middle of my calf muscles on Sukhumvit. Any other day I'd have had on my 3/4 length shorts and sandals. I only just finished getting my boots polished by some kid in Nana as well and had to go home on the plane with wet feet, lol.

I've been to Pattaya in September/October before and it seemed to rain once every few days for about an hour or so in the afternoon and usually early hours of the morning when I was in the Hotel anyway sleeping/shagging!

I liked the rain. It took the humidity out of the air and helped me to stop sweating so much!

Was there for a month last Sept. The rain lasted (most days) for a short time. The varied sometimes heavy with a deep runoff down the street. The runoff did not last long. Most days, there was a light rain for only a short period and mostly in the afternoons.

Was trapped in a beerbar for about one hour, once the whole trip.

I was in Pattaya for parts of August and September last year and only saw one all day soaker the end of August. Usually a shower blows through late afternoon and it's kind of fun actually! Cools it off a couple degrees and washers away the dust! Just watch where you're walking after dark if it rains hard. You'll ruin those new shoes in one of the potholes! :D

Also if it rains hard between 6-7 you can trip over to Soi 15 and watch the GG's scrambling to work in the rain! Ya almost want to ask them "where you go?" :D Listenning to the click, click, click of their clogs and heals in the rainy streets is always a nice sound!!! :D :grin :grin

~Sa-teef

Overall, august-sep-oct-nov is the best time in Pattaya.

Cheaper ,not to many tourists, decent temperature (thanks to the rain)

And by some reason i am more Handsome this part of the year?????? :grin :grin :D :D

:crying :crying :crying :crying Hey!!! no one is crying in Pattaya!!!!!!!!!!!