Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For reasons I won't bore you with I find myself needing to spend a few nights in Jomtien next month. Other than a few hours sipping cold ones under an umbrella I have no experience of the area. Anyone out there with any recommendations that fit the following criteria ?

Guest friendly.

Close to main drag/main bar beers/beach.

Bright, airy room with good shower.

King size bed.

Price is immaterial.

Cheers

Pie

silversand villa

jomtien beach road corner soi whitehose(many beerbars

600-700 baht w/o breakfast(100 baht till 10.am)

Best buy in Pattaya

20102-0269.JPG

20172R.jpg

20x-rez.jpg

lv2play,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post the photos. I've since looked up the place and it seems they have some new rooms, albeit at a higher price, and this is what I will probably go for. I'm in Pty for a few days before I move to Jomtien so I'll drift over the hill and check them out first.

PNO,

Knowing nothing about Jomtien, the Boathouse was my original intention. There is a review here that mentions noise outside the rooms and as I am far from an early riser that put me off. Otherwise I agree that it is well located and the rooms look perfectly OK. It remains a backstop.

Thanks both for the help.

Cheers

Pie

Guest Fatboyfat

Cabbages and Condoms ?

Beachside suite for a man of your means ! B)

Maybe a bit too far from the "action" though, but is worth doing once at least !

Condoms & Cabbages have many hassle with the bbus drivers as it is far away from the bbus route.

Boathouse from outside looks as a wreck. Personally I would never live in a room without balcony.

if you don't mind the bbus hassle I would prefer Pattaya Hill Resort. Big rooms, fantastic view from the higher floors, guest friendly.

Pattaya Hill Resort

Right on the beach is a good choice:

Jomtien complex

Some of my friends lived here and were very satisfied. Also right on the beach, on the bbus route.

Jomtien Palm Beach

Stayed Silver Sands many times . It's laid back off beach rd so is quiet . No noise from beach rd. Best rate I've had is 700 bt for the older rooms. Friendly staff , Girl friendly,nice pools with in pool bar.Take credit cards without charging the 2% that a lot of hotels do.

There's a small soi , soi 7 I think , with about twenty bars all open late. You occasionally find a stunner but the quality is not a fraction on pty . There's some bars up near KFC , on the corner of beach rd that are worth trying out.

The only problem is in the early hours going back from Pty will cost 100 bt as you have to take a baht bus as a taxi.

Very germanic/scandanavian there . Last time I stayed.It was a week before I met a fellow Brit.

Sparkey

Hi Pie,

On Jomtien Soi 4 there are a couple of places you might want to check out. The first is a very laid back place called Moonshine guesthouse and/ or bar that I frequently go to for the american food. They also have a bunch of rooms upstairs for something like 550 baht. The soi away from the street is pretty quiet but yet close to everything. It is about 100 m from the beach road on the right hand side as you walk up the Soi. I tried a short time in one of the rooms but it's been a while and I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the room at the time so I can't say much about the room. You should look for yourself anyway.

At the end of the soi, on the right hand side again, there is a fairly large hotel/guesthouse whose name I don't remember but might be worth while checking out.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Pie, If price is immaterial check out the Rabbit Resort. It's right on the beach, not across a busy street from the Beach. Downside is that it's a five minute walk (400 meters) from the corner where the baht busses run. Especially good if you're with one girl instead of butterflying.

http://www.rabbitresort.com

For me, price is important; it's too expensive for me.

partyanimal,

Thanks for that link. As you say it appears to be more the type of place to stay when you have someone "special" with you than a place to stay alone but it certainly looks impressive. I didn't know it existed and have "filed" the info for future use. The website is one of the best of its type I have seen too.

Just for the record, when I said "price immaterial" don't get the wrong impression. Rockerfeller I am not. :crying

But as I am only going to be staying there for 3/4 days then price is less of a consideration than it would be if I was staying a month or so.

Cheers

Pie

Robin,

I have stayed at manty places in Jomtien, there are 2 I would reccommened to you.

Jomtien Thani - A short ways up Soi 4 ( I think or 5) newer hotel with fairly nice rooms if you get upgraded to the suite. Not the best but better than most also very close to the corner where you turm onto Jomtien Beach Road coming from Pattaya.

Welcome Jomtein - Older hotel but still very nice fairly far up the Soi from the Beach But still a nice view if you get a suite in the front. This is quite a ways down Jomtien Beach Road. I would rather stay here as opposed to Jomtien Thani, but the location of Jomtien Thani is better so a coin flip.

Also Grand Jomtien Palace was my first choice the location is pretty good right on Jomtien Beach Road, but I reserved one of the rooms directly facing the beach and when I checked in they had pushed 2 single beds together to make one large bed. When I spoke to the management they said all rooms in front have two single beds, so I checked out. I am not sure if this is true or not maybe they just did not have what I requested.

Hope this helps Robin, I am just taking my clubs out of my travel bag from last years Ride-her cup as my bowling (read drinking) league ended last week. Hope to see you at this years event.

Randy