Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Will travel to Pat. in June and have picked the following hotels:

RG, Sandy Spring and Sunshine Vista.

Cant make up my mind of which one to choose.

So pls. help me make up my mind!

Will travel to Pat. in June and have picked the following hotels:

RG, Sandy Spring and Sunshine Vista.

Cant make up my mind of which one to choose.

So pls. help me make up my mind!

Sorry, none of the above

Try the Roof Garden

hoppalong,

Just spend a week at the Sandy Spring for the first time mid April. In the past I have always stayed on Soi 7 or 8, but wanted to get away from the water durning Songkran. I had a 2 room suite on the 8th floor overlooking the bay. Great room and view. The hotel is very guess friendly and the staff at the front desk very helpful. The location on Soi 13 avoided most of the water and is easy access to Second Road or Beach Road and down to Walking Street.

I plan to stay there again in the near future. Also had a couple of buddies there at the same time and they say its there new place to stay in Pattaya.

LeoTex

It depends on what you want from the hotel. Where you will spend most of your time? What is your attitude to ID checks? How many "guests" do you anticipate having at the same time?

I've stayed at both within the last few months and, on balance, the Sandy Spring shades it for me. Its in a bit better location for the places I tend to frequent, the rooms are slightly better and bigger and the pool was great for the down time.

On the other hand the shower is better (for a group!!!) at the Sunshine Vista, the guest policy is more relaxed, (no ID check and bring back as many as you want, whenever you want), and it was slightly cheaper.

So decide exactly what you want at/from the hotel and compare against what both offer. Post the detailed requirements if you want and I'll be happy to give my views on them.

It really depends upon where you want to stay.

The RG is a little out of the way and can be a bit of a pain to get back to especially at night but it is usually quiet. You often have to hire a bus or change and thats a pain in the arse if you want to go and come back a few times a day.

The SS is on Soi 13 and on the baht bus route either way so no travel issues. I thought the suites overpriced compared to the RG but location somewhat better. Some rooms just look at neighbouring buildings though.

The SV is way down on Soi 3 so transport is easy but takes time, especially if you want to frequent the area around Walking Street. That said, there is plenty to do in that part of town. Of the three, I haven't stayed at this one and that has only been because of location.

If I was looking as a tourist, I would give the SV a go for a few days if out of peak season, then change if I found it inconvenient or didn't like it. Thats purely because it would allow me to focus on the surrounding area.

I've stayed at the Sunshine Vista and Resident Garden.

Resident Garden is quite nice - the negative (for me) is its location. Its positive is that it is good value for the price. Note that you won't use the kitchen and I'm not sure that you really need a bedroom AND a separate living room.

The Sunshine Vista has got a multiple-person shower (a major plus for me) AND a separate tub (ladies like it). Negatives: the pool is on the roof and is virtually deserted. The ambience of the SV is somewhat barren in this regard.

Both RG and SV feature in-room safes if that's important to you (not important for me).

Other places to consider are the Sabai Inn and Sabai Lodge hotels on Soi 2. They both feature multi-person showers. These hotels are owned by the same organization so if you stay at the Sabai Inn, you're welcome to use the very nice pool at the Sabai Lodge - which always has people around so there's a nice ambience. You'll see a few families with kids, but generally the clientele is single guys along with their TGs. BTW, there's nothing to stop anyone from any hotel from visiting the pool area to read the morning paper or to have drinks (and food delivered from the nearby Sala Thai restaurant - also owned by the same organization). The Soi 2/3 area also features the Welkom Inn's outside restaurant. Very nice. There's also the Welkom Inn Short-Time bar attached to the Inn and restaurant - literally just steps away. The girls hang around outside so if something catches your eye...

Just remembered there's "Kum Paun" (wrong name, but it's something like that). This is a Thai pub/restaurant with live Thai music. It's nestled between the Sabai Inn and the beer complex. Not a pick-up place. Your TG (and you) will like it.

Well i am a big fan of SV never costs me more than a 1000 a night as i normally stay low season and there is sumtimes an offer book 14 nights and pay for 12 B) .

Other plus points are that the rooms are nice with a very large bed and my requests for extra towels,pillows,bottled water are met with a "no probs " attiude.

Yes the swimming pool is on the roof and when ever i have been swimming there has never been more than 4 people lounging round it so not much of a good vibe ,mind u there is no probs with your TG using the pool like some hotels B) .

The front desk guys are top notch and good to chat with and always remember your room number and have your key ready as you walk up to reception.

100% guest freindly one night when i rolled in alone he commented "no lady to night" :nod

Matty

I would consider paying 1000 Baht a night for a room in Pattaya about as silly as paying 1000 Baht for a long time with a girl

So, I gather it's Beach Street specials only for you?

So, I gather it's Beach Street specials only for you?

What on earth makes you say that ? Though as you seem to know their prices I think we'd better leave it at that

Thanks for the effort guys! I prefer to have a separate bedroom, more space!

Last year I stayed at the Jomtien, but wish to stay in Pattaya this year.

The BathBus worked fine but want to stay closer to the action now.

I like RG but dont want to have that 10-15 minutes walk down to walking street in the heath.

SS fam. suite has a separate bedroom, as well as SV,

SS looks nice and is close to the action, but is it too close??

What about roomservice in these places, in case i get hungry in the night?

I understand they are all guestfriendly!

Thanks for the effort guys! I prefer to have a separate bedroom, more space!

Last year I stayed at the Jomtien, but wish to stay in Pattaya this year.

The BathBus worked fine but want to stay closer to the action now.

I like RG but dont want to have that 10-15 minutes walk down to walking street in the heath.

SS fam. suite has a separate bedroom, as well as SV, 

SS looks nice and is close to the action, but is it too close??

What about roomservice in these places, in case i get hungry in the night?

I understand they are all guestfriendly!

hoppalong.

Believe me mate you won't be disappointed with the Sandy Spring. You are about half way between Walking st and Soi 8 come out the Hotel and turn right to get a bus to Soi 8 etc,turn left to go to Walking st etc, the location is quite no joiner fee and big beds in very clean rooms. They have room service and it is right next door to the Sportsman's Bar where they have a big screen and great meals. Really you can't go wrong by staying there.

Bigmike.

Since I'm a fan of big showers (i.e., big enough for two), does Sandy Springs feature them?

YES IT DOE'S

Bigmike.