Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Everytime I arrive at BKK Airport, I end up paying 300-350bt for the Taxi ride into town (caught from departure Terminal of course) I am so excited about being here, I don't mind handing over the funny money, after all, I have plenty more of that waiting to be spent :)

Now I'm hardly a cheap charlie, and this fare works out very cheap compared to any Western Nation's Taxi fare, but I wonder what others are paying for the trip to paradise ? Am I being taken for a ride... well obviously I am, but you get my drift :P

Bongojona

3 days till Paradise

Hi bongojona,

We're going to have to stop meeting like this! ;)

My costs are roughly around the same. How does it work out - 50 baht airport fee plus a 40 and a 30 or a 50 for the tolls (can anyone confirm these two tolls - I always forget) plus the meter. With a tip anything between 300 - 350 seems OK to me.

Cheers,

C

If you get in during the day or early evening after you clear customs go up the escalator to the next floor. That's the departure level. Get in a cab that has just let off passanger. You save 50 baht and there's no waiting. Cabbie thinks you have been to LOS many times and will not take you the long way. Unless the cabbie help me with my bags. I don't tip as LOS is a non tipping country.

My costs are roughly around the same. How does it work out - 50 baht airport fee plus a 40 and a 30 or a 50 for the tolls (can anyone confirm these two tolls - I always forget) plus the meter. With a tip anything between 300 - 350 seems OK to me.

Tolls are 40 plus 40

Airport fee 50

Meter about 150-170

Total about 300. FROM BKK to airport, I always say 300 including tolls and always have no problem

Tolls are 40 plus 40

Airport fee 50

Meter about 150-170

Total about 300. FROM BKK to airport, I always say 300 including tolls and always have no problem

That's better than the 550 the limo service wants. If I can only get through their gaunlet of idiots from blocking my passage, I can save myself about 5 bucks.