Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

looking for a place near the wallking street

I have never been to Pattaya, or Thailand, but I am arriving in mid July. I want to find a hotel near the walking street or Pattayalands. Any good places? Also, should I reserve a hotel in advance? I heard that one can find a hotel easily in July and that some hotel buses are waiting at the airport in Bangkok trying to get potential guests. Is that tue? Any information would help. Oh, I need a lock box and no extra charge for extra guest. My price range is around 1000-1200 baht a night.

Think of the main nite life area of Pattaya as a rectangle maybe 2 or 3 miles long and 2 long blocks wide. Bhat bus service cost 10 bhat and with no traffic you can go around the rectangle in less then 30 minutes. Most of the hotels you would be interested in are in this rectangle. One of the favorite hotels of forum members the Residence Garden is outside the rectangle but only a few minutes away.

I would book 1 or 2 nites at the www.pattaya-pub-hotel.com www.flippergroup.com or www.skytoppattaya.com and scope out what your looking for. Less then 5 minutes by baht bus from Walking Street with no traffic.

I would use our somewhat reliable car and driver to get to Pattaya from the airport. Alex knows where the hotels are located.

I'm in town from 8 July thru 10 August. PM and we can get togther for a drink.

In the immediate vacinty of Walking Street you have the Penthouse in Pattayaland, the Welcome Plaza just up from 2nd Road and a few other on is it Soi Bamboo where the baht buses turn up at the beginning of Walking Street. Then you've got the Sandy Springs and the Dynasty on Soi 13, then the Flippers and Eastiny on Soi 8

If you really want to be at that end of town, I'd go for the Welcome Plaza http://www.welcome.co.th/wplaza.htm and go for a junior suite at Bt850 all in. If you don't like it, have a look around after a day or so.

P72 in the middle of Walking street, just across from Lucifer Disco. About 450 a night. No in room safe, but it`s in the heart of the action :D

Rooms are ok, but you get what you pay for.

Mats

For the money you want to spend I would choose Lek hotel in soi 13. Ask to have a look at a room in the new wing. Nice hotel with a great breakfast buffet!

I had a peak inside the P72 last time I was in town. I would be miserable there, and I am not a fragile little flower :beer

Plenty of rooms available during July. The 2 Flippers are running their summer specials along with the Sunshine Hotel. These hotels are in the Soi 7/8 area and would only be a few minutes by baht bus from Pattayalands and Walking St. If your staying at least 2 weeks, with the promotions the cost will be around 650 baht/night, about 100 baht more because your staying less.

Emil