Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sorry fellas for bringing this age old topic up again, but my previous nik was lost when the board changed and I'm Pattaya bound next month, without the answers.

Where do falangs buy the best quality newly released DVD's in Pattaya?

Secondly, any advice on where to buy watches would be appreciated.

I would normally do Panthip for DVD's and Patpong for clocks.

First timer to Pattaya, should I buy in BKK?

Cheers.

p.s. Flying Air Phuket 747-200 :angry:

Good watches next to Ali Baba indian restaurant...I got 2 stainles Steel otomatik Rolexs for 3400Bt :nod

PS.Im fly Phuket Air. on 10 Jly to Pataya...... hopefully

For music DVD's try the one on beach road between soi 13 and Yamato. 10 meters north of the Scandi bar.

Picked up 15 in April and they all worked fine, think it was 180-200B.

She had around 50 different ones.

Someone has mentioned that a guy at the Tuesday/Friday marked on South road have some of the best quality in town. Anyone knows where?

The shop(s) on 2nd road, close to South Pattaya road is also better than average but don't know how much they charge these days.

Someone has mentioned that a guy at the Tuesday/Friday marked on South road have some of the best quality in town. Anyone knows where?

To find the Tuesday/Friday Market DVD stall go E. on South Pattaya Road past Soi Bua Khao. Look for the yellow sign of the Bank of Ayudhya on your right (S. side of South Pattaya Road). Across from the bank is a soi (I _think_ it's Soi 20) running N. off S. Pattaya Road. Walk up this soi into the market area, look for an outdoor restaurant on the left and turn left at the restaurant. On the right there's a stall selling music CDs. A few steps more and on the left is the DVD stall. Prices are marked 150-200 each. I've never had a problem with quality. :beer

I'm told there's also a dealer of music DVDs in the same market but I've never been able to find him. :beer

Bangkok is probably better in terms of selection for DVDs.

-redwood

To redwood:

The Music DVD Stand at the Market is just opposite from the Video DVD guy you described. He has mainly Audio CDs, but a lot (good priced, and interesting variety - at least for me).

And Dingo: I tried this lady near Soi 13 with the music DVDs, she instisted on 280 Bt, and would not consider a lowerer price, so I walked on. There is a DVD section on one of the Audio CD stalls on Walking Street, on the left Side when you come from South Pattaya road, about the Soi Diamond or Soi Happy area. This guy usually has a good choice, for 150 each.

Sunny

I've been purchasing DVDs from the Tuesday/Friday market at Soi Bukhao and So. Pattaya road. The dealer Redwood13 mentions sells them for 150-200 baht...I paid 140 each because I didn't need the plastic case. He rates them as 100% and 90% for those still in the theaters.

He has a TV and player in the shop and will play them for you to show the quality. He doesn't have a huge variety but I found some nice titles. The quality is good. I have one that played on his DVD player but wouldn't start on my main DVD player (it is a multiarea player)...it does, however, play on my portable DVD player and on my computer. I'm not going to return it as it is no problem playing it on my portable which is easy to hook up to my TV.

He says there is no problem returning faulty DVDs...I'm off to Khorat for a short trip and when I return I am going to see if I can order some titles he doesn't have in stock. :eyecrazy

Google, oh yes velly solly :angry:

Never entered my head

Mai pen rai! no prom plem

now what kind of watches are you looking for? The only dependable guy I know of is Mr. Wong he is in the back of the tuesday saturday market (open everyday) across the big Wat on south pattaya road.

Mr. Wong has the best replica rolexes, that guy is sharp as a tack. He guessed exactly where I am from in 1 crack.

Thanks ting tong, Mr Wongs it is!!!

I am looking to buy Tag, Rolex and the ones worn by the UK premiership player fancy dan brigade, the makers name escapes me. (large face with leather strap)

I just hope PhuketAir gets me there :unsure:

Be ready for 2000bt for a stainless steel mariner or yacht master. The quality is unbelieveable, I do have a real one, and my replica looks just as good!

Mr.Wong is way in the back of the market, he is a very nice guy!

Another vote for Mr Wong. Just follow the smell of fish and head to the back of the market. His little shop has a sign outside "Mr Wong".

He has the best Tag copies I have seen in Thailand. But make sure you give the watch a very close inspection....I did find a few with flaws.

My two buddies each bought a Tag last trip in April......they are still running perfect. They paid 3000 baht a piece. I thought the price was a little steep....I tried to talk him down but he wouldn't budge. So I passed..........

They paid 3000 baht a piece. I thought the price was a little steep....I tried to talk him down but he wouldn't budge. So I passed..........

You have to ask for the Chinese discount, it helps too if you are part Chinese too!

Mr. Wong came down 500bt for me!

Bloodhound,

The blue, yellow and white watches worn by the "fancy dans" can be got in a shop called St Louis. It is located on 2nd Road. If you walk from the lights on South Pattaya Road it is about 60-80 metres on the left (next door to the pharmacy just before Mike's Department store and opposite Pattaya VDO). It is ostensibly an upmarket bag and shoe shop but go in and ask for their watches and they will see you OK. Alternatively, if you are in BKK they are also available at Burapha Watch on the 4th Floor of MBK. Expect to pay 1,500-1,800 Baht for a decent copy.

Tom

As above Mr Wong for Watches

Shop round the back of Pattaya com (second road near mikes department store, go into shop/internet cafe ask for dvd and they will show you to the back) for DVD's though Pantip is better and cheaper

H

Ting Tong,

The two guys who bought the watches were Chinese,,,,lol. They were happy that Wong came down from 3500 to 3000. I'm sure if I was by myself I could have got a lot better deal.......don't think Wong wanted to come down after just charging them 3000. I'll go there by myself in October and see how I can do.

A BIG thank you for all of your replies.

ting tong I will be asking Mr Wong for my Chinese discount aswell, bartering is fun with humour and lots of smiles <grin

Anyone got any good stories or tips on the "art" of negotiating the right price?

Bloodhound,

Can you tell me what tour operator you booked Air Phuket through?as for the DVD's and Watches, my experiance is pot luck!

Cheers!

Jai yen yen!

Stiffler.

Stiffler,

The flights were booked through Touchdown Holidays, Horley, Surrey.

Tel 0870 704 5000.

The accomodation, I booked seperately through Tradewinds, Accrington, Lancs

Hope this helps.

Bloodhound.

I went to Mr Wong to replace the glass on my genuine Rolex. He had to order the glass but completed the repair in less than 3 days and could really talk the talk (and talk it in 5 languages!). His 3000 baht watches are about the best you can get and he'll fix them forever but like Cheshire Tom I would also recommend Burapa in MBK (Bangkok) who have a better selection and some really cute salesgirls. They sold me a stainless steel Submariner for 2500 including a perfect copy of the leather and wood Rolex box. But if you really want something special, Mr Wong showed me a swiss made copy yachtmaster which he was selling for 15000 baht. If I hadn't just spent 10,000 on the repair I would have been tempted!

Bloodhound. I think that fancy watch you mention is a Jacob and Co. I got one for 1300 on Pratnum market.