Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I'll be in Pattaya for 3 weeks this month. Would like to get a 4some(golf) sometime if anyone is interested. BTW, I am a hacker, but enjoy the game. Would like to spend an afternoon with some fellow BM. -Mac

P.S. I'll bring the stogies!

Go see Gary at the Alamo Bar on Soi 8 left side as you come up from Beach Rd. He can set up a four some with you and others who live in Pattaya. He like to go a few times a week. Tell him that John (Rocky's friend) sent you. He sets up a vehicle for all of you. He's good people to be around.

Other alternatives are.

If you want a friendly bunch to play with try the Sugar Shack, Soi Pattaya 2, where you can roll up pretty much any day, share a bus (for 100 bahts each) with a bunch of expats & holidaymakers and play most of the courses in a 20 mile radius. The "society" is run by Brian Ellis, without any formal membership or entrance fees. They go out Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays just go to the bar and ask about the golf. Another group not to serious is Mulligans next to sugar Shack.

Cheers Duece

I used to be a fellow hacker until I stopped playing about 20 or so years ago. I'll bear these places in mind when I retire to Pattaya next year.

Anyone know the cost of a set of clubs? (Some of my exisitng clubs are ancient - some of them must now be close on 50 years old - older than I am!!!!)

Alan

Alan

I have looked at buying clubs in Pattaya but did not find anything that much cheaper than UK and allot less choice.

Don’t know if cheaper in Bangkok or not.

I would get a set off e-bay and take them over.

Cheers :gulp

Duece

P3sqid,

Would definitely take you up on some golf (and stogie), but I won't be in Pattaya till September...will hit a few links then...

Looks like this thread has produced some good connection information though...

Bill

Thanks, Deuce.

I'm still in 2 minds as to whether to take up golf again - especially if my game is as bad as it was 20 odd years ago!

Alan

At a friend of mind request I start to play golf 2 years ago. Then played when I got to Pattaya on my last trip. I played alot out of Mulligans bar. Why did I choose that bar cuse they take anybody and it was fun they golf 3 times a week again 100 b for the driver. most of the time Siam cc on Sundays, Tuesday was a differant coarse every week and on Thursday out to green valley. Not that I went 3 times aweek all the time but it was fun. I have a very hard time getting to know other people (they say it is a nam thing)and golf seems to force me to be socialable with my fellow players and as a result I made some friends and had a good time. I seem to be a slow learner in all things and golf is no exception.

live and let live

thumper

Alan, it's not about the golf. It's playing with the caddies that is so much fun. SB

That could certainly make the game a bit more intersting :D

Alan

At a friend of mind request I start to play golf 2 years ago. Then played when I got to Pattaya on my last trip. I played alot out of Mulligans bar. Why did I choose that bar cuse they take anybody and it was fun they golf 3 times a week again 100 b for the driver. most of the time Siam cc on Sundays, Tuesday was a differant coarse every week and on Thursday out to green valley. Not that I went 3 times aweek all the time but it was fun. I have a very hard time getting to know other people (they say it is a nam thing)and golf seems to force me to be socialable with my fellow players and as a result I made some friends and had a good time. I seem to be a slow learner in all things and golf is no exception.

live and let live

thumper

Thumper, that sounds like my kind of people - those who don't take the game too seriously. I think if I were to take the game up a couple of times hacking my way round the course would be sufficient for me.

Incidentally, I have heard of Mulligans Bar, but which soi is it on?

Alan

I live in China, go down to PTY about 3 time a year to "Play Golf" :rolleyes:

There are knock-off Clubs here for about 200 dollars a set, looks geniune, plays like the same, I was told you won't notice the difference even you're handicap is in the teens. It might be worth your while to stop in China, pick up a set, then hit LOS, it even makes up for your airfare,

I play out of Lewiinski's with IPGC, they play 4 time a week, great bunch of guys.

I play out of Lewiinski's with IPGC, they play 4 time a week, great bunch of guys.

So blow jobs are an optional extra? :beer

Alan

Mulligans Bar is on soi 13/1 across the street from Lewiinski's. You have the option of 3 times a week,2 times a week or you can go once a week. You just go in there a day ahead and sign up on the board. Its alot of fun and a nice way to spend the day.

Remember to bring a change of cloths for a shower after.

Some times on the way back you will have a chance to visit some of the out of the way bars you might have never been to.

I am always pleased when we stop by ban chang for a bite to eat and...

thumper

Thanks, Thumper

I'll bear that in mind when I finally make the move. I don't plan on buying a car, at least to begin with, and assume that transport will be available for those who need it. I'm quite happy to share the cost of petrol etc.

Alan

Yes most of the time one guy will drive the others give him 100 baht rt. Some times they rent a van and it is still 100 baht rt. I have never drivin myself to a golf coarse in Thailand.

One time on are way back we saw something on the road ahead. We were shocked to find out it was a large monkey and as we got closer it climbed a tree close to us.

About three weeks later we were on the same road with tgs(they dont golf but love to drive them carts).I often ask the tg I am with what this and that sign says. So I ask her what that sign say she said "watch for crossing monkeys"

I love Thailand

thumper

Pardon my ignorance as a newbie, but what exactly is the deal with caddies? Do the golf courses provide female caddies that will "polish my club" when I find it necessary, or do guys typically take tgs with them to act as cart drivers/caddies?

Cheers,

Indy

From what I have seen most caddies do not have sex. I rarely take a tg golfing with me as it cost extra.

thumper

thumper^ Posted: Jul 15 2004, 03:17 PM 

I have seen most caddies do not have sex. I rarely take a tg golfing with me as it cost extra.

thumper

Thumper it s not if they do but where you when and where to do it.

In my experience most of them are doing the job for the extras that they pick up along the way. You might hit the odd one that is different but generally if they like you they are up for it. Just be nice and ask them if they want to go out.

Main problem is that a lot have kids and have problems staying out late but take my word for it they mostly will respond to much the same as a BG. In fact a lot of them are ex bar girls trying to go straight and some just suplementing their income with a day job.

Take care as generally they are strictly not allowed to fuck the punters and prefer to meet guys off the course just in case they are spotted.

Doghouse is the expert on this subject. Done any good shopping lately Callum?

LOL

hilly

As expected your are correct. If one wants to he can score out there. I am Just saying it is not as above board as many od the bars in pattaya.

I stand corrected.

Looking forward to haveing a few rounds with the 2 of u.

thumper

Thanks Hilly - I knew my secret would be safe with you .... :D

I can confirm that cute caddies can be persuaded to meet you in the car park after you have finished your round - it would be foolish to deny this now that Hilly has spilled the beans.

Generally, a small token of appreciation like a new cellphone and some new garments is much appreciated by the young lady if she has no previous experience of accompanying golfers off premises. This can be considered an investment to secure the future services of an excellent caddy who will assist with club selection and lining up your putts.

Having secured the future goodwill of a highly skilled 18 year old caddy, I look forward to reaping the benefits of her excellent advice when I return in the next few months.

Doggie