Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Has anyone stayed in this hotel recently? I like the free shuttle from Bangkok and most of the reviews I've read are favorable, but I understand there is construction going on nearby. I'm not planning on getting back until February, but I can't wait, so I am making all my plans now. Only 7 months to go!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Jim,

I will let you know in about 3 weeks. I will spend my first two nights at the Dynasty in Bangkok and take the shuttle to the Dynasty on Soi 13 in Pattaya for two nights on July 31st before moving to Soi 8. I had reservations at the Sandy Spring that I made when I was there in April, but changed because of the construction next to them.

I have a buddy that just returned home to Australia and sent me a email, because he stayed at the Sandy Spring this past week. He said that the major construction near there was reducted to minor construction with very little noise. He also told me that it looked like it would be alot of noise at the Dynasty, because of the construction next to it. So give me a few weeks and I will post here with a update.

LeoTex

Hey guys, I'm a newbie. I will be in pattaya in February, it seems the Dynasty is a good place to stay. Close to the action and decent rooms. Is it "girl-friendly", any charges when you take in a girl?

amphora,

Only a charge if you take more than one, the same policy as the Dynasty in Bangkok. I like the Dynasty in Bangkok, because you can use the alley and avoid the lobby when going to your room in the back.

LeoTex

PS; like I said, I will give a update after staying there for two nights on July 31st.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, I'm a newbie. I will be in pattaya in February, it seems the Dynasty is a good place to stay. Close to the action and decent rooms. Is it "girl-friendly", any charges when you take in a girl?

amphora,

check the Hotel Reviews Section of the Board and read a few threads in this Section - this should give you a good idea of what is on offer (and it is a lot - buyers market even in the high season, when you plan to travel :D , though recommendable to book in advance, then).

Good luck

:banghead

if you want to use a pool the pool at the dynasty is a little small the Lek hotel opposite is cheaper and has a great pool though the dynasty is a newer hotel so it UP toYOU jack

amphora,

Only a charge if you take more than one, the same policy as the Dynasty in Bangkok. I like the Dynasty in Bangkok, because you can use the alley and avoid the lobby when going to your room in the back.

LeoTex

PS; like I said, I will give a update after staying there for two nights on July 31st.

Ok Leotex, how is it at the Dynasty?

LBJ,

Just spent my first two nights at the Dynasty and will stay there again. I didn't have any noise problems at all. I stayed on the Second Rd side of the hotel. I think if you were on the Beach Rd side you will get a little noise from the construction work going on. Most of the noise was from 'light' work going on. Two days they had pump trucks working the concret to the uper floors, but didn't notice the sound at all. Since I alway stay at the Dynasty in Bangkok, not a bad deal with the free ride to Pattaya.

I also didn't notice any noise at all around the Sandy Spring. I had changed my reservation from there to the Dynasty because of previous reports and should have just stayed there. Now I have moved over to the Soi 8 area (for different reasons) and there is more noise coming from the beerbars, than from the construction on Soi 13.

I will book a hotel on Soi 13 for my October and December trips, because I don't think construction will be a problem.

LeoTex

PS; now time to rest up for a visit to the FLB tonight.

Would advise avoid this soi at moment especialy Dynasty as work has restarted in earnest on building next door, ok if you want the ride from BKK or book in 1-2 night see how works effect your room .Cement pouring last weekend its when the hammering starts :D

Work at Ma Maison finished maybe some interior still.

Stayed there early July on 5th floor towards beach (construction) side and didn't get bothered by any noise, but who knows what the future holds.

I agree with JFG, just book 2 nights and decide then.

The location is fine.

Sandy Spring , Lek are the comparable hotels nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

ai,

The room I stayed in had a tub with shower. I founld the room to be a little lighter decor than the rooms in Bangkok. The shuttle leave the Bangkok Inn at 11:00 AM and our mini bus went direct to the Pattaya Inn on Soi 13.

Again I was there on July 31st and August 1st on didn't have any problem with constucttion. The day I got there the pump truck was in the Soi and pumping concret to the highter floors, but I didn't notice any noise in the rooms. I have booked there for October 10th for the 2 nights and then moving over to the Sandy Spring for the rest of the week.

LeoTex

I was going to stay at the Dynasty in BKK and they wanted a CC # for a deposit via a fax. I passed due to the numerous reports of cloning and I E-Mailed them back with that reason.

I think if you read some of the reviews they will tell you that the Sandy Spring have bigger rooms and there is no extra charge to bring multiple girls back to your room I think Leo Tex will back me up here also the Sandy Spring has a good sized pool. I will admit that I stop at the Sandy Spring all the time.

Bigmike.

Bigmike,

I do agree with you about the rooms, infact the Sandy Spring is a nicer hotel and does have a nice pool which the Dynasty doesn't. However the Pattaya Dynasty is nicer than the hotel in Bangkok.

The reason I'm booking again at the Dynasty is to take advantage of the free ride to Pattaya. I will be staying at the Sandy Spring in October and just booked again for next April during Songkran to stay away from all the water. Just a few bars on Soi 13. IMHO, both place are good places to stay and good location.

LeoTex

LeoTex.

Yes mate you have a good point about Soi 13, it is quite and the Hotels are great with a few nice beer bars to have a drink in.

Bigmike.