Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys

I have just walked down soi 13 (Tues 13th July 1430) and it was very quiet. Next to the Dynasty was at a standstill (maybe on a break?) and opposite the Sandy Springs they had a few guys working but they were not loud.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Bazza

Hi guys

I have just walked down soi 13 (Tues 13th July 1430) and it was very quiet. Next to the Dynasty was at a standstill (maybe on a break?) and opposite the Sandy Springs they had a few guys working but they were not loud.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Bazza

I found last month that there would be an odd quiet day then all hell lets loose again, the worse noise I'd say would be next to the Dynasty especially if you have an end room as the corridors are open.

The trouble with the place next to the Dynasty is it has been stop/start all year and so I guess they might jack it in for a few weeks and then get going again.

Hi guys,

Thursday 15th July 1300 just had another walk down the Soi and quiet except for a few hammers and power saws.

Roland is probably right as it obviously comes and goes.

Ya take your chances.

BTW the whitehouse condotel next to the Dynasty is proceeding VERY slowly. They have just got the scaffolding and formwork up for the 2nd floor. I walked past here last November when they were putting the foundations in.

Hope this helps someone

Cheers

Bazza

I stayed at the Dynasty June 14 thru July 4th. It was noisy everyday. The construction next door was going strong. I'm not a daytime sleeper and had a room away from the end of the hallway, but you could still hear the noise. It won't keep me from going back as I really favor this hotel and more specifically the location, but for someone who insists on sleeping during the day, it could be a problem.

Even though it's going slow, do you think they will be finished by March?

I can understand you being keen to finalise your plans but you might be better to ask again in January, as no member here is a clairvoyant to my knowledge. A lot can change in 6 months and I can assure you that you will have no problem in securing a reservation for March at that time.

Cheers

Pie

I go along with the Pieman and ask after the first of the year. Besides this current project, Roland posted a few weeks back that those bars across the street from this project may be razed and another hotel constructed.

Emil

Hi guys

Here are a few photos taken Mon 19th July 04.

The first two are from the Ma Maisson extension virtually opposite Sandy Springs/Haven hotels. It should be finished soon.

1134mm1.jpg

1134mm2b.jpg

The other photo is of the White House Condotel site. The Dynasty is next door. As mentioned by others, only God knows when this one will be finished.

1134whc1.jpg

BTW I am in the Sandy Springs now and you can hear next to nothing from these sites.

Again I hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Bazza

From the Ma Maisson photos, I don't see any construction on any new hotel taking place between the Ma Maisson and the Golden Grab as previously reported.

Emil

Bazzap,

That's what I thought when I had checked out the area back in early June for the board. Latter someone had posted that they were doing pile driving there to build another hotel. I was quite surprised as that area is very narrow to build another hotel, maybe a small expansion to one of the existing properties.

Emil

The block between Ma Maisson and the Golden Crab seems to be used as access for the Ma Maisson building site.

Strange, as in early June they where driving down pillars in the ground with these large hammer like machines (sorry can't explain that any better...). The noise was to say it nicely, like hell.

I might have some of that on video, if I can be bothered to look through the tapes...

Well, could have been some preperation for later building work. No doubt that something will be built there sooner or later, even though the field is small.

"in early June they where driving down pillars in the ground with these large hammer like machines "

Yes, my room was on that side of the Inn House and it was LOUD in the morning when they started the pile driver! The only time you could hear yourself think was when it brokedown (relatively frequently it seemed) Perhaps they are going to build something to bridge that gap? Guess we will see in the coming months/years? From Bazzap's pics it looks they haven't done anything yet in that sandy area.

I was glad I was leaving when I did, because I wouldn't have stayed too many more mornings with that going on.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the place, gentlemen. I'll keep my reservation there until September and see what it looks like shortly before I leave.....

~Sa-teef

76 days 14 hours to wheels up....

The land between the Crab and Ma maison is owned by the Crab they bought it a couple of years back to stop any high rise construction being developed which would affect their outlook...........the boss of the Crab intends to extend the existing Crab around to form a u shape low rise apartments based around the swimming pool.......as to when it gets done ,thats another question! Far as i know the piles are in already awaiting further development.

• 2 weeks later...

hi I stayed in the Lek hotel opposite the building site 27june till25thjuly and the sound of the work was never a problem in the room at any time though i did have to swim in the pool right oppisite the works while they pumped concrete one day but i was not bothered by any excessive noise and used the sportsmans bar as my restuaraunt and local every day and it is right next door but one from the site,

so unless you are very sensitive to noise its no problem

jack

ps i think the work has stopped to let the first concrete pour to harden

pps the most noise on any building site is when they are driving piles this is finished so it can only get quieter

hey guys,

planning my first trip to pattaya...

ive been doing comprehensive search on accommodation last few weeks and came accross sandy spring (event lek, etc on soi 13) as one of the best regarding quality as well as location (close to soi 7,8, as well as walk. street, but still quiet).

since ive never been to pattaya, im not familiar with soi 13, how far is sandy spring from beach, what is next and what is opposite to it...

im pretty much concerned about the noise and would like to ask your opinion, do u think construction works around soi 13 that u have mentioned will be hard the last two weeks of october ???

any info appreciated !!!

THANX !!!

:angry:

hey guys,

ive been doing comprehensive search on accommodation last few weeks and came accross sandy spring (event lek, etc on soi 13) as one of the best regarding quality as well as location (close to soi 7,8, as well as walk. street, but still quiet).

since ive never been to pattaya, im not familiar with soi 13, how far is sandy spring from beach, what is next and what is opposite to it...

im pretty much concerned about the noise and would like to ask your opinion, do u think construction works around soi 13 that u have mentioned will be hard the last two weeks of october ???

any info appreciated !!!

THANX !!!

:angry:

Sandy Spring is 47 yards away from the Beach , small hotel to the south of Sandy and large condo block to the north. Another hotel and condo block opposite and also a building site which may or not be finished by the end of October also another building site to the north of the condo block which again may or not be noisy at the end of October.

You might be ok but then again you may be as I was and totally pissed off with the noise, lorries etc and want to stay elsewhere.

Rgds,

R

potmehut,

I have booked at the Sandy Spring for a couple of weeks in September. Stayed there before and really liked the hotel and staff. The location is excellent, smack dab in the middle of the action. Either take a baht bust or walk along Beach Rd. to Walking Street or go the other way and walk to Soi 7 or 8. Walk to 2nd road and take a bus to Soi 6.

Will report about the construction during my stay.

hey guys,

any info appreciated !!!

THANX !!!

:nod

potman

the great thing about pattaya is there is never any shortage of accomidations.

book anywhere you feel ok with for 1-2 nights and take your research list of your top5 hotels and spend a morning going and looking at them and see what you like, realy gives you a flavor for whats going on and whats avaliable and you'll have much more to contribute in your trip report about prices and location. pick some on soi2, soi8 soi13 and second road. well worth a couple hours of time in my option

Gulp! Did I see the Pattaya Centre Hotel in the background of one of them photos? Anyone who's there at the moment know if this work will affect my morning sleep-ins. I'm going to be there from 12th September 04. Unless someone tells me that it's a bad idea....

Walked down the soi this morning. The condo work is progressing nicely as they are now up to the 4th floor. The Ma Masion expansion that you saw in the above photo is complete but another project on the other side(Beach Rd side) has just begun and is either a new hotel or expansion to Ma Masion. The 3 bars that were down the soi across from the new condo project are now closed and its just a matter of time before the new hotel project starts.

Emil

• 2 weeks later...
BTW I am in the Sandy Springs now and you can hear next to nothing from these sites.

Again I hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Bazza

Bazza. It doesn't matter what you post the so called experts just won't believe you.

:D

Bigmike.