Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I paid 1350 at the Majestic for a delux room. It is my current favorite BKK hotel right now, but it might be out of your budget.

Check out the Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8. Decent location and very guest friendly. The rooms are a little worn but it's in your budget....easy to get a room for 800baht or less.

I am staying at the majestic right now. I will take a couple of pics for you. I am paying 1100 baht for a delux room. It is slow season. Paid 1195 for a single superior last feb.

Sorry but Nana & Dynasty are crap.................there are 'cleaner' ST hotels which charge less in BKK. Stick with the majestic suites.

If you want the smell of a thousand punters and BG's in your room with thread bear carpets and the decore of a 80's soap opera then maybe the Nana & Dynasty are for you!!!

H

Nana is now 1177 a night so that is out of the 800-1000 budget, personally I'd rather sleep in a bus shelter on Sukhumvit Rd than stay in that shit hole.

Stable lodge on soi 8 is OK for about 1000 ish a night, guests no problem.

M suites is still the best bet, or Rolands ringpiece could be a good place its just next to the bus stop!

H

I would also say, even though slightly over the limit of your budget, Majestic or Omni (at omni you get a ncie studio for 1300). And another good one in my opinion is the Woraburi, a little further down soi 4 from the omni on the right side, it is 750 a night for clean rooms, has a nice pool and nice staff.

Here are the links:

OMNI TOWER

MAJESTIC SUITES

WORABURI INN

All 3 are in an excellent location, quite, clean and good value for money. The breakfast Buffet at Woraburi is quite good too and included in the price

cheers

cyber

Depends on when your going, if your going in Sept, you could go to priceline.com and bid $20 on a hotel in the Sukumvit Rd area and get that bid. I got one across from Soi Cowboy area for $25 {Regency Park Bangkok}

Off season is a good time to bid on priceline.com {2 or 3 Star}

I heartily concur with Babepecker's and cybers1b's recommendation of the Omni Tower, but I don't see how that would be possible on an 800-1,000 baht budget. I just checked Omni's website for a week in mid-August and their lowest rate was a studio at 1,760 baht per day. That's 220 baht less than Asia Travel wants, but far more than this gentleman is willing to spend. It is, however, a very nice place to stay in Bangkok. Spacious suites with kitchen facilities, girl friendly staff, and an excellent location.

I heartily concur with Babepecker's and cybers1b's recommendation of the Omni Tower, but I don't see how that would be possible on an 800-1,000 baht budget. I just checked Omni's website for a week in mid-August and their lowest rate was a studio at 1,760 baht per day. That's 220 baht less than Asia Travel wants, but far more than this gentleman is willing to spend. It is, however, a very nice place to stay in Bangkok. Spacious suites with kitchen facilities, girl friendly staff, and an excellent location.

Well, during off season and with a bit of bargaining skill, usually you get the studio around 1300, can be 1150 for longer stays. Just need the right approach to the manager :beer

Skytrooper,

actually, I shamelessly quoted cybers1b's post from another thread (cross-checked it 1st with my own notes 1st, though) and threw in Nana for the good measure... :nod

Omni's suites were possible for 1.2k Bt a year or so ago (after a bit of bargaining). :unsure:

:beer

Brother Roland, What would you know about overpaying? Rgds, James

Are you Kidding James ? Roland knows everything about overpaying He had a good teacher......ME <grin