Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

newlyweds arriving september

:lol: arriving bkk 13th sept spend three nights. followed by 14 nights in pattaya. first question is what can we expect the weather to be like? will we need injections in the uk before we leave? is there any boat trips worth going on? what is the green park resort like ?

Sorry to disagree with a former Prime Minister, but you will definately need some form of jabs before arriving in Thailand. I seem to remember getting jabs for Hepatitis A, Polio & Typhoid, Yellow Fever and Malaria. Check with your GP soon, they will keep you right. BTW Have a great time.

Shaggy

I would also add tetanus to the list of jabs required. Also, if you havn't had the typhoid one before you will, as far as I can recall, need 2 jabs a month apart.

If you're sticking to Bangkok and Pattaya, malria tablets aren't required nor is yellow fever unless you're arriving from an infected country. (I've had this jab but that was because I went to Zimbabwe and Botswana a few years ago).

Alan

Bummer I am leaving LOS sept 12th :crying , I could use a beer on the newly weds ;) :beer ;) ........anyways, congrats and have fun............lord knows I do! :D :D :D

travlling................ :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

1. Better than at home.

2. If you go to your GP (or listen to nervous types) you will wind up like a pin cushion. What do you need ? IMHO - precisely zilch, you have more chance of being knocked over by a baht bus than catching a tropical nasty. I've taken the square root of fuck all over the years and live to tell the tale. Your call.

3. I have an idea or two on that front but your missus might not be so keen. :D

4. Jaded and faded and unless you are already locked in then I'd look elsewhere. If you are locked in then don't despair - there are worse places, you'll be OK.

Cheers

Pie

:D arriving bkk 13th sept spend three nights. followed by 14 nights in pattaya. first question is what can we expect the weather to be like? will we need injections in the uk before we leave? is there any boat trips worth going on? what is the green park resort like ?

You don't need any injections. Tetanus you should already have but the rest are unnecessary for where you are going. Scaremongering doctors would sell you anything to increase their profits.

I agree that no shots are necessary. Tetanus shot is good to have even in your home country.

I have met several newly married couples and one couple on their honeymoon here. The guys smiled a lot, and the ladies said, "Big mistake!" But if you have been here before you should know where to go and where not to go. And if your wife has a sense of humor and adventure you should have a good time.

Roy :D

I agree if the Newlyweds stick to Bangkok and Pattaya then most of the inoculations won't be necessary. But if the wife gets pissed off with all the beautiful Thai chicks trying to steal her new husband, she might want to clear off on a trip up country to say the 'River Kwai' in that case its better to be safe than sorry.

Shaggy

better to be safe than sorry!!!!! rang the doctors tetanus, hepatitis A, and typhoid injections are recomended. which in the uk are free. as for julies sense of humor she must have. look who she is marrying. (crazy) :P as for sense of adventure yes but for what :P if i go to far. we are not in the first flush of youth, we are in our forties. so we aim to enjoy ourselves, i being a uk and continental trucker have seen most and we aint no prudes. looking foward to our first visit thanks all.......... :(beer :P :P have 1 on us)

Hi Mick........lived in Pattaya for 6 years never had any jabs, i wouldnt bother with them......the worst you/ll get is the trots. September be hot but could be pi%%ING down as well.......rainy season finishes back end sept/early oct. If you have the time while your here check out Ko Samet island for a couple of nights , its only an hour down the coast .....recommend Malibu Beach Resort on the island (do a search on google you/ll find their site). Pattaya ......what a place to come for a honeymoon..... :D :unsure: :nod good luck.

Agree with Pieman no need for anything

Unless your going upcountry to malaria infested areas

Been going for 15 years and after the first couple of trips never take anything

But if your going whoremongering then Hepatitis B vaccine is recommended

Cheers

Tilacno1

1. Wet and hot.

2. I have had a tetanus shot, nothing else, and have been everywhere in Thailand over the last 16 years with nothing worse that the shits.

3. boat trip up the Chao Praya river to Ayutthaya is a nice day trip. The bigger question is why spend 14 days in Pattaya? Go south to better beaches- Hua hin, Phuket, Ko Samui- and head up to Chaing Mai for a couple days.

4. No idea.

Tric

Off and on have spent about a year building houses on various Pacific Islands without having any inoculations.

May have been just lucky

Most men find that they have to go and have injections after they arrive in Pattaya!

:o

DON'T BELIEVE ANY MEDICAL ADVICE YOU GET OFF THE INTERNET, ESPECIALLY MINE.

Listen to your local MD and get the two shots he recommended.

1. Hot (but not extremely) and humid with short, hefty showers.

2. Not really, but tetanus, typhus, Hep A and B are always recommenable. :unsure:

3. Yes. Simply check the river-bus in Bangkok - I enjoyed it thoroughly. In Pattaya there is such a multitude of options that you can't miss them... 2guns :rolleyes:

4. No clue, sorry.

Enjoy... :beer

2guns

to be quite frank newlyweds except for the very open minded have absolutely no business honeymooning in Pattaya. There are many islands and resorts ideally suited for you and I think that virtually all of them are outside of Pattaya.

I personally love Pattaya i do not mean to diminish it but I think you would be better served elsewhere

your bride will most likely find pattaya quite offensive as its pretty in your face. you, on the other hand, will regret coming with your wife unless you are still in love. lots of temples to see in other places, you don't go to pattaya to see thailand as its prolly the least-thai city in LoS.

as its prolly the least-thai city in LoS.

you can bet on that - better go to Bangkok for some cultural experience and combine it either with a tour of northern thailand or a beach holliday in the south (would recomend samui over phuket but that's just a personal preference) no beach holliday is possible in the polluted cloak off pattaya (ok, it is not all that bad but for sure it finds itself at a low spot when it comes to best sea water quality in thailand). I agree with some of the last posts, Pattaya is probably not the right palce for a honeymoon but then, everyone has different tastes.

cheers

cyber

Question off topic maybe, but how long does the Hep. A/B shots last? Am I correct that once you get the shot, you don't have to get another one?

Hepatitis B: It depends on the individual - the antibodies can last from anywherr between a couple of month to 20 years, generally it is believed to be 5 years. You need to get 3 shots to have a valid level of antibodies

First Shot

Second Shot - about 4 weeks later

Third shot - 6 to 12 month later, after that you should run antobody tests from time to time to see if you are still protected.

HepatitsA: here you have 2 options, a short time vaccination (Immunglobulin) that protects you immediatly after the shot for up to 6 month depending on your bodyweight, your doctor can calculate the time that you will be protected -

then, there is the active vaccination, these are 2 shots (2nd is about 6 to 12 month after the first. protection starts about 2 to 4 weeks after first shot. after the second - you need to refresh the vaccination every 10 years.

There is also a combined vaccination agains A and B

cheers

cyber

I would agree that for your honeymoon pattaya might not be the best choice.

I have never been to phuket other board members here have, it might be a better choice or Koh sumui. Becuase you will have some jet lag you might want to spend a couple ore days in bangkok. For an nice day trip you can go up to auttaya. If you haven't booked hotels yet priceline has some good values in BKK and phuket. Check out the bidding4travel website for instructions on how to get the best priceline deal in thailand. People frequently get the shangra la in bkk for $45-65 a night. The Jw marriot in BKK and the Suk sheraton and suk westin both go for about $65 on priceline. All of those hotel are 5 star. <laugh :D