Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

For hockey fans- What is your favorite team and Y?

I am a Redwings fan and have been since 1991 when Fedorov came to play there. It was great watching the Russian 5 line. What sucks is they are sort of the Yankees of hockey with a giant payroll. I think my new favorite players are Datsyuk and Zetterberg. They are amazing. Saw them in Pittsburgh last year. Wings lost though... At least I got to see Zetterberg score.

I am a Canucks Fan, i had the chance to see one of the Stanley cup finals games in Vancouver against the NYR - unfortunalty it ended in the Riots that made the news back then (after the game though). I always liked them since Pavel Bure started to play for them - funny enough for Austrians to be Ice Hockey Fans - i think currently there is only one in the NHL and that is Reinhard Divis :P

cheers

cyber

The Australian girls hockey team without a doubt. Why? They are spunks, wear short skirts, all have big tits and look far more rootable than any other hockey team I have seen...

John

dtrdwngs,

I have been a Redwings fan for ever used to see them play in the old Cobo hall in detroit with my dad 35 years ago. Being from Michigan I as well am a Lions, Tiger , and Piston Fan also .

The Vancouver Canucks....because I used to live just across the border and could see them play. :P 2guns

The Canucks of course..

Pity they choke come playoff time....One day, One day.

Bruce

sure, the day will come :P saw some games of the stanley cup finals in 94? I saw one - i think it was the last season in the Pacific Coliseum as well - I think Rick Ley was a great coach, even if some think different 2guns

dtrdwngs

Red Wing fan here too....but from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back...grew up in Detroit...and was there when Gordie Howe, Alex Delvecchio, and Frank Mahavolich were the starting line....seeing Gordie Howe was amazing

LA Kings - Back in '74 my uncle took me to my first game and I was hooked :-)

As a teenager I used to lay in bed at night and listen to the games on radio - I guess that means I'm a fan :-)

But, as a Kings fan I've only had one year of glory - and that was only a second place finish.

I keep hoping tho...

Rad

P.S. We DID have the Great One for quite a few years tho - that was worth all the years of pain.

Rasied in New York City, so I like the Rangers and Islanders. Rangers have been disappointing the last four or so years. I also like the Avs, Sharks, Red Wings, Devils, Bruins, B. H's..

As a hold, I just like hockey and watch every game that is on the TV when I can.

Great sport, fast with a lot of action, like football on ice, but with that extra you get with the fighting.

I was born and raised in Kansas City MO. Can any of you hockey fans tell me the name of the team we had for 1 solitary year? They moved :crying and became the New Jersey Devils. I rooted for the Blues for awhile, but it's hard for a KC boy to seriously root for anything that comes from St. Loony. :chogdee I became a Pens fan in the early 90's because of Mario. We had an IHL team in KC called the Blades and they were a farm team for the Sharks, so I became a Sharks fans since all our good players left to play with them. The Sharks are still my team, but like Barrio Runner I will watch just about any hockey. Probably my third favorite sport behind NFL and college basketball.

Born and raised in Canada so I am a huge hockey fan. Growing up on the East Coast we use to get allot of games out of the New York area so I grew up an Islanders fan. They years of Bossy, Potivin, Smith etc.

Vic,

Are you referring to the KC Scouts?

Due to a VERY enthusiastic girlfriend I am a Habs fan... before I met her I wasn't a big fan of any particular team... but she had some interesting ways to convince me to cheer the team...

CDK

Ken

CHELMSFORD CHIEFTAINS ICE HOCKEY CLUB

CHELMSFORD ESSEX UK

This is my favorite hockey club we cant all be supporters of the giant NHL clubs but this team has a place in my heart and life

jack

I was born and raised in Kansas City MO. Can any of you hockey fans tell me the name of the team we had for 1 solitary year? They moved :crying and became the New Jersey Devils. I rooted for the Blues for awhile, but it's hard for a KC boy to seriously root for anything that comes from St. Loony. :kissing I became a Pens fan in the early 90's because of Mario. We had an IHL team in KC called the Blades and they were a farm team for the Sharks, so I became a Sharks fans since all our good players left to play with them. The Sharks are still my team, but like Barrio Runner I will watch just about any hockey. Probably my third favorite sport behind NFL and college basketball.

As a KC boy and hockey player myself, that would be the Scouts. Now do you know which NHL team used to have their training camp in KC? It would be the Redwings. I remember them catching a rat in the locker rooms and using it (alive) as a puck for stick time. Not a PETA member but hated the Wings ever since. BTW I could out skate every one of the fuckers and did power training with them. Could have gone pro until the wall fell and over very few years the average size of the NHL player went up by 6" and 50 lbs.

Did any of you ever get paid to play? I played some in California but not in the minor pros. Was invited to a camp though. That was nice. I had only been playing a few years and was already in my late 20's so I didnt go.

The Canucks.....even though they can't get past the second round of the bloody playoffs!!!!

I am from Vancouver and I used to work with the organization for 2 years so I had no choice :D 2guns B) .

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like much hockey will be played this year :crying :crying :crying

Cheers......gp :D

Erm - I always thought that hockey was played outdoors on GRASS. ICE hockey is, however, played on ICE and is probably one sport other than boxing where you can virtually be guaranteed that there will ba a punch up between two of the players at some point in a match :beer

The BBC used to televise ice hockey games many years ago and my team were then (and still are) Fife Flyers. I can't be certain butu I think that most of their players now are Canadian with the odd American thrown in.

Alan

dtrdwngs,

I have been a Redwings fan for ever used to see them play in the old Cobo hall in detroit with my dad 35 years ago. Being from Michigan I as well am a Lions, Tiger , and Piston Fan also .

soi7, your memory is off. they used to play in the Olympia (where they first threw the octopus on the ice). I grew up in Montreal and the wings and canadiens were fierce rivals in the 50s.

I was born and raised in Kansas City MO. Can any of you hockey fans tell me the name of the team we had for 1 solitary year? They moved :crying and became the New Jersey Devils. I rooted for the Blues for awhile, but it's hard for a KC boy to seriously root for anything that comes from St. Loony. :beer I became a Pens fan in the early 90's because of Mario. We had an IHL team in KC called the Blades and they were a farm team for the Sharks, so I became a Sharks fans since all our good players left to play with them. The Sharks are still my team, but like Barrio Runner I will watch just about any hockey. Probably my third favorite sport behind NFL and college basketball.

Vic, they were the Scouts.

I was fortunate to grow up in Montreal in the 50s when the greatest team of all time reigned. Eleven of 15 starters went to the Hockey Hall of Fame! Five Stanley Cups in a row and missed one cup on each side of the run by a an overtime goal each time.

Got to see the Red Wings in the Forum one Sat. night when I was 10 yrs old. Terry Sawchuk, Gordie Howe etc. Too bad...the Habs shellacked them 6-0 that night.

Saw Bobby Orr as a 15-year old Junior A player who ran rings around guys 4 years older then he went to the NHL and ran rings around everyone there.

My neighbourhood Junior team had Bernie Parent in goal at age 17.

Montreal was the best hockey place in the world, we played outside every day after school in winter and all day Sat and Sun. Parents had to drag us off the rink at night to do homework. After a blizzard we had to clean the rink ourselves if we wanted to play and if bigger guys came along we got run off.

Hockey is a part of every Canadian boy's life.

Who were the greatest players of all time?

Hall of Famer Ken Dryden said it best, "Whoever was playing when you were 12 years old." I think it applies to soccer, baseball, football too.

Sorry for being long-winded but this is the last place in the world I ever expected to chat about hockey!!!!