Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

For hockey fans- What is your favorite team and Y?

Grew up in NYC in the 60's but fell in love with the Montreal Canadiens with my idols being the little guys; Henri Richard and Yvan Cournoyer. With an amazing 23 Stanley Cups, no team in the NHL has the history, tradition and style of the Habs! Does anyone remember the "Dark Days" when the Flyers ruled the NHL?? It took the Greatest Team of All Time; the 1975-1979 Habitants to prove that talent can defeat thuggery! P.S. look how many members of that team have gone on to coaching, league management, the Hall of Fame and politics!

Grew up in NYC in the 60's but fell in love with the Montreal Canadiens with my idols being the little guys; Henri Richard and Yvan Cournoyer. With an amazing 23 Stanley Cups, no team in the NHL has the history, tradition and style of the Habs! Does anyone remember the "Dark Days" when the Flyers ruled the NHL?? It took the Greatest Team of All Time; the 1975-1979 Habitants to prove that talent can defeat thuggery! P.S. look how many members of that team have gone on to coaching, league management, the Hall of Fame and politics!

john, they are the 2nd best all time...1955-60 habs are the best!!!! rocket, doug harvey, beliveau, plante, moore, geoffrion etc etc :banghead

I would be a fan of hockey, but the school teacher gives me funny looks when I stand and watch those teenagers in white gym tops and short grey pleated wrap around skirts running around the field, thought of taking a dog with me to look less suspicious ! 2guns

In Canada, it is not called Ice Hockey, It is HOCKEY.

I am sure that is true in places like NY, Buffalo, Chicaco.

It is a game played by excellent athletes, Gretzky, Orr, Hull..Shit I could go on.

Try standing on skates, when a goon is beating on your head...Tyger Williams, Ty Domi etc.

It is a man's game.

Field, or grass hockey is played by girls wearing short skirts, and VERY grandmother-type underwear...........The grass hockey commissioner should mandate that they wear thongs...I am sure ESPN would pick up some of the games and everybody would watch.

Sorry to the Male grass hockey players.......It is lame.

HOCKEY RULES...

Bruce

It is a man's game.

It was a REAL man's game when there were only 6 teams, no helmets and the goalies didn't wear masks....ahhhhh....the good ol' days

upena...

Yes sir, cannot disagree with you at all.

The old guys did it for $1.49.......The prima donnas now want $5 + millon a season.

Brucie

The NHL is the only league where 75% of the revenue goes to the players. Now they want more. I have no sympathy for the players union and I really dont care if there is a lockout this season. I love hockey but those guys make more money in one year than I will in a lifetime. I wish it was like the old days. It was real hockey and the goalies didnt have giant equipment to stop the pucks. Just balls of steel. Guys like Sawchuk (who eventually wore a mask) still had 103 shutouts. Those guys played the game because they loved it. Now they play for the money instead of love of the game. I was in 3 leagues in California in one season. I just enjoyed playing. I never got paid. Got invited to a camp but that was all. I would love to get paid anything to play instead of go to work. Those guys dont know how good they have it.

All Gordie Howe wanted was a Red Wings Jacket...think he got 10K for his first year...what a difference

Maybe not even that much. Rocket Richard was making 20K when he hung up his jock at age 39. But the crowds in Montreal were lined up for 3 miles along the street for his funeral. Won't see that again, except in Brazil for Pele.