Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai Airways LHR-BKK Prices

Just a few things on Thai Airways LHR to BKK.

1. Last Friday's fight (9:35PM) had an unscheduled stop in Copenhagen for refueling. This is because of the fuel depot fire near London which meant airlines are short of fuel. Hence the stop to refuel.

This meant that the plane was delayed 2 hours 20 minutes into Bangkok. My wife and son only just caught their flight to Udon Thani (the last that day) because Thai helped them through Bangkok airport and held the plane till they caught it.

So beware if you have onward flights from Bangkok. There were several on teh flight. If you have a problem go to the Thai ticket desk and ask what they will do. I suspect this stop is now common practice on the LHR to BKK flights.

2. I saw discussions about Thai miles and qualifying classes on this forum. If you look at the Thai Airways web site classes V and W get 50% of the miles, classes Q and other economy get the full miles.

3. Booking just before Christmas I could only get 1000 UK Pounds return for my wife and small son in Q class. Discount web sites were more than this.