Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

hi  please could someone help me i want to go on a day trip to samet when i go to pattaya the end of july how long does it take on the ferry? what size is the island ?are there any taxis onthe island?where is the quitiest beach on the island also is there a beach were you can take dip with fish swimming around you. many thanks Diane

Hi Diane,well here is a small trip report from my trip in Jan this year.

Well as promised here is a report on one of my fav islands in Thailand.If you are in Pattaya and go here it will cost about 400bht for two in a mini bus,this includes your boat fair from Ban Phe,which is where you will be dropped of byall travel firms.There are a lot of resorts on the island and have a price range to suite most peoples pockets.Myself stay at the Malabo resort,i know it is not the cheapest place on the island but it is out of the way.You get a few tourist here but a lot of Thai people on the weekend.The rooms depending on what you what to pay cost between 750bht up to 1900bht.I had a room for 1750 but haggled a bit and got it for 1500.It had Aircon,sat tv,fridge,phone all what you need.The service was great rooms cleaned when YOU wanted it as to a set time.So its down to the beach for some rays  .The beaches are great long golden sand,clear water the place of dreams.At night go down to the many on beach food stoals and eat great food and at a price on dreams of in Pattaya.There are bars all over the island,on the beach where i go there are about 10-15.You can have a great night in all and 50bht for a beer WELL.Sit on the beach at night with the waves slapping around your legs,Thai Girlfriend in one arm,a bottle of beer in the other:What did Bolinda Carlise once sing Heaven a place on Earth:belive it.

The boat takes around 40min.I would advise getting a mini bus rather than a taxi.Most travel shops do day trips,but are a bit short as the last boat out is around 18.00.Stay a night and you will have the pleasure of eating on the beach as the sun goes down ;DDerek