Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

question - regarding working remotely

Hi, I told my boss that i might take some extended time away from the office in december and work remotely. I usually work remotely 2-3 days a week(he doesn't care as long i get work done). But if i work remotely in pattaya for about 3 weeks, i'll need extended internet access 7-8 hrs a day (high-speed); if i have to i can live with dial-up.

also, i'll need to make 3-4 1hr calls into the US a week so i'll need a cheap way to make international calls.

It would be really fun to spend this much time in pattaya but is this possible or practical. any advise would be appreciated.

pattaya-golfer, many of the internet cafes will sell you minutes at a discount if you pay upfront for a large block of minutes. There is a small internet cafe next to the Residence Garden where I stay, that is attached to the Mr. Mac Hotel/restaurant. They will give you 1500 minutes for 1000 baht (about $23.50 U.S. for 25 hours.) It's a bit cheaper if you buy a 2000 baht block of time, but I didn't do that so don't remember what it cost for that option...probably about 58 hours for $47. I think the cafe is dial up but could be wrong. Hours it's open are from 9 A.M. to 11 P.M. daily. There are many internet cafes around, and generally speaking the further away from the heavy tourist areas, the cheaper things are.

As for the least expensive way to phone back to the U.S., someone else will be able to help you there, I haven't ever had to call back to the States. There is a link to phone cards at the end of this post that may help you get a feel for rates. I would think it's doable...the hard part would be staying cooped up in an internet cafe all day (or worse, into the night). You'd better get a computer facing away from the street sights, as your work ethic could be sorely tested by the sight of the Thai girls walking by. Good luck.

www.dphonecard.com/Megatel%20Asia.htm