Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Cheap Housing in Jomtien

I would like a quiet place [with internet if possible] for about 8000-10,000 Baht/month in Pattaya, Jomtien, or North Pattaya/Naklua. Can anyone reommend? I have found beauties for 15,000-20,000 Baht but I wanted less if possible. This may be only for a few months so 1 year leases aren't of interest. Thank you.

Try these people Gazebo Place but don't email them as they don't check emails at the moment, as they have lost the password.

Internet cafe which is free to use, and you can get wireless ADSL in rooms for 2,000 Baht a month.

Ask for Mot or Pu, and them that Mark recommended you and they will do you a good deal I am sure.

BTW the pool is really nice .

th_e735907d.jpg

BE are you sure that the studio rate is 10000B a month as the list price for the studio is 850B per day for 30 days is 25500B per month

Hi Kit, Mate I too am moving there next week, from the Philippines but I am origionally from sydney. I prefer the Johtiem its seems more relaxing then Pattaya. If you come accross any houses around Bht20,000 / Bht 25,000 ish preferably with a private pool that you are not interested in can you email me the details 2guns I havent found what I am looking for yet likewise if I come accross anything I'll let you know.

Cheers Rob (Sullo) dragon@comclark.com

British Enigma (a little doubtful about what that means)

On your recommendation I went to have a look today as I want to move somewhere smaller and cheaper. I'm currently at Center - sorry about the incorrect spelling - Condo on South Pattaya Road. 80 square meters for 15,000 a month. Some comments about the Gazebo:-

1. It is a well built nicely designed place, the actual rooms have quality fittings. Very stylish Reception. They have little areas of tasteful white pebbles amongst the floor tiles, so I went arse over tit when I tried to make my equally stylish entrance.

2. I saw a studio room - which is really just a normal size hotel room. On the more expensive pool side the balcony has a wash basin - what for? But when I said there was no microwave (sad git that I am) the gorgeous one said I could put one on the balcony. Good idea. But not many eateries/shops nearby - apart from Big C.

3. The non-pool side overlooked a collection of basic Thai housing and a bit further on what looked like a Thai attempt at a Disneyland castle - a large building with some apologies for turrets. When I asked what it was I had a bit of a problem understanding her. I thought she said it was for 'black men'. I thought this was a bit off and got her to repeat it a few times before realising she meant 'bad men'. It's a prison. But not too close to be intrusive. Unless they get out.

4. You may be getting a good deal because she quoted me from 18,000 for pool view for one month to 14,500 per month for a year. Back view 16,000 for one month to 12,500 per month for a year. De-luxe were more of course.

5. She was a bit doubtful about a line for computer use in the room and said I should speak to her sister. The internet shop on site is free for 30 mins.

6. I thought the place was a bit far out - but then I am spoilt by Center Condo's central position. No motor bike taxis at the end of the road. But you may want to live marginally longer by using the baht bus. They are not so frequent out there near Sukhumvit -but they do come out of Big C opposite the hotel Soi as well and I was back getting off (the baht bus) in about 10 minutes - virtually at 2nd road.

So it was nice place. Pool area ok, but so beautifully designed I felt they would not want it cluttred with the likes of me. She made a point of showing where I would shower before using the pool. Maybe she had in mind the blood flowing from the gash on my forehead from my arse over tit experience.

But for a poor pensioner like me too much for long term stay considering the location.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Kit...What did you find? And you can hear the waves from bed?

Anyone know anything about the sailing around Jomtien Beach? When I was in Pattaya several months ago I don't remember seeing any sailboats at all and I was wondering what the reason is for this.