Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

From talking to a taxi driver, all those Bangkok taxis that brought fares to Pattaya from Don Muang are getting 500B from the "travel agents" that set you up with them for 800B Pattaya to BKK fares. I think if you can get one who isn't afraid of the "travel agent mafia", you might be able to cut a 500B fare. I've always wondered if it could be done.

From talking to a taxi driver, all those Bangkok taxis that brought fares to Pattaya from Don Muang are getting 500B from the "travel agents" that set you up with them for 800B Pattaya to BKK fares. I think if you can get one who isn't afraid of the "travel agent mafia", you might be able to cut a 500B fare. I've always wondered if it could be done.

Well now we know it can be done :nod

How about the Cell Phone Mafia ? Mark is looking for a 3310 Nokia we go into IT Center and ask all the vendors and 1500 baht is the price they are seling them for they will not take 1200/1300. Strange as the one vendor had 20 of them. I went in 2 months later and now she had 23/24 of them whats the point. I think they get together and fix the prices. But silly as they will hang on to them for ever but I guess it works for them there still in business :D

why not look for the sign to the train station in the arrivals hall? Go up the stairs or lift, onto the guarded road bridge, down the steps to the road & flag a joe baxi? No queues or airport loading fees here :clueless

2000 bht?? :D For that, i'd dig deep & spend a whole 10 bht on a train to into BKK, hotel for the nite (nice, newish 600 bht) have a good mooch round Soi Cowboy + a few beers :finger + lady drinks, fish & chips, then get the bus to Pattaya the following day & still have change left.

:cry1 proper! :cry1

I used http://www.learn-in-asia.com/ on Oct. 2nd. My flight arrived at 23:45 and it was almost 01:00 before I was ready to leave the airport. Driver was waiting with my name on a placard.

We left the airport about 01:00 and arrived at the Residence Garden at 02:50. It was 1700bt including tolls. Decent A/C ride. No complaints.

I have used Khrongfa on my last two trips(May, September) and have no complaints. On both occassions cost was B1200 + tolls and parking. Last time my China Airlines flight arrived at 5.58am, 52 minutes ahead of schedule. I then had the quickest run through the Airport Ive ever had and had my bags at 6.30 am thinking my taxi driver could be half an hour away yet. But guess what, there he was holding up his board with my name.

He then proceeded to get me to Pattaya at a very safe 100/120 kph.

I will continue to use them. :clap2

Soi 7 I too have used Krongfa extensively on April of this year both in Bangkok and in Pattaya to and from Utapao, Don Muang and city trips. All I am saying is I dealt with one and only one taxi service and they treated me well and they were well compensated in return.

It is difficult sometimes since I also needed a van due to having more than 3 people riding and they came through meeting my expectations.

I will be using them again due to needing a van again this trip in two weeks. I will let you know.