Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

800 Baht from Pattaya to the Airport - OK?

Just a little after thought. We used one of the 800BHT taxis... bargained the guy down to 800 bht, and he paid tolls... so they took the non-highway route. Cost us less, but took about an hour longer. Worth it if you have the extra time.

So you bargained not to take the toll? 120baht for an extra 1 hr driving? ie, $US 3. Sounds like a bargain to me :D

My TGF talked to a guy down at beach rd, abt x with soi 6, got an offer for 1000TB + highway tax, as I recall it we totalled 1200TB to central Bangkok. Feels reasonable to me. Fresh car, alert driver although his last name might have been Fittipaldi. Same trip at home would be around 15000TB or so. It feels a bit silly to try to go for a couple of 100TB less...

It sure as h-ll beats the trip from Bangkok to Pattaya where a friend of mine suggested we take the bus, as he had done before. As it turned out we got on the millkbus. It stopped in every major crossing between Bankok and Pattaya, took well past 4 hrs, but then again, 91TB is kind of cheap...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi conley , I know that you feel agrieved that you where charged more than you were quoted,and you feel that you would not have been charged more at home ,but as a licenced cabbie (in the past)I do know that I was entitled to charge an extra 10p for any more than 1 passenger and 10 p for every piece of baggage,this is what the "extras "is on the meter, This does not apply to Private hire Taxis, this extra charge is suppossed to be for the extra fuel that a cab will use if carrying the extra weight.I do not know how much the charge is now as I dont use cabs at home as they are far too expensive.

I used Mr T about 5 times. His charges: 850 + Parking fee at BKK airport + tolls,I always pay less than 1,050 Bath. Mr T has a few drivers working for him. So far, my experience with all his drivers are good. The cars they use are average and not brand new one. The only problem with Mr T is that he never reply to my emails despite my repeated reminders I always have to call him one day before arrival date to remind him.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this OK? If the vehicle does not show up on time, will the vendor be around? Can the vendor solve the no-show problem and solve it quickly

I used to use these 800 Bht services, but then a couple of trips ago the taxi didn't show at the appointed time. A call to the number on the card the operator gave me got a response of "He's on his way, don't worry". About half an hour later the taxi still hadn't turned up, but I get the same response when I called to find out waht was going.

Eventually after, two more calls, I finally got told that the taxi had been in an accident and wasn't comeing, this could have been just anexcuse. The operator said I could get a refund for the depposit if I brought the receipt round, but by then there wasn't any time to do that. I had to concentrate on getting another car to the airport otherwise I would have missed my plane.

It all worked out in the end, I got to the airport on time, but I've never used the 800 Baht service since.