Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

best deal on luggage allowance & ticket validity period

i expect to fly out - from paris - in october & want to stay away from here until next spring if possible, ie 6 months. also as i'm preparing to live in los i tend to take as much as i can with me.

would appreciate suggestions on the optimum combination of long ticket validity and high weight allowance among the usual airlines. i know no economy tkt (my usual) will allow more than 20kg so i'm hoping to identify the best deal above economy class.

thanks for any ideas or info.

cd

http://www.etihadairways.com/etihadairways...ge+Services.htm I wish the etihad allowances were 30 for Cattle Fatboyfat, but the above link is my understanding of their allowance However if you reach the first level of their ff programme you get an extra 10kg i believe Edited by kesam1

You need to qualify for that extra 15kg with Qatar.

From their website

"To qualify 4,000 Qmiles or 3 flights on Qatar Airways. To retain 4,000 Qmiles or 4 flights on Qatar Airways

"

You will of course get more than 4,000 Qmiles on just one trip to LOS from Europe.

Bill

Guest Fatboyfat

"I wish the etihad allowances were 30 for Cattle Fatboyfat, but the above link is my understanding of their allowance However if you reach the first level of their ff programme you get an extra 10kg i believe"

Interesting ... :D . That is a definate change of allowances since the advent of the new website / introduction of ff programme. As the 40 Kg allowance was "one" of the reasons that I made two bookings with them, for later on in the year; I have checked with my supplier, who stated that the 40 Kg allowance will be honoured. :D (Lack of Diamond class on flights may be dictating the allowances.)

Edited by Fatboyfat

FBF is quite right. I booked some time ago cattle class to BKK late December. I have just checked the flight coupon and it clearly shows a baggage allowance of 30kg...whereas the Etihad website now shows 20kg. I probably won't need it as I travel light, but as it is on the ticket they would find it difficult to deny me my 30kg if I so wanted.

Bill

FBF is quite right. I booked some time ago cattle class to BKK late December. I have just checked the flight coupon and it clearly shows a baggage allowance of 30kg...whereas the Etihad website now shows 20kg. I probably won't need it as I travel light, but as it is on the ticket they would find it difficult to deny me my 30kg if I so wanted.

Bill

I've got the same on my ticket but I WILL need it, I'll have golf clubs with me.