Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

AEROGATE golf tournament January 12th

Re-posted from Secrets, with permission:

I've been to many Pattaya golf tournaments in the years I'd previously visited and now that I

live here, but I've NEVER been to any tournament, like the AEROGATE INVITATIONAL

that offers so much for such a small entry fee!!!

The 2nd Aerogate Invitational 2007 golf tournament is to be held on Friday, January 12th,

at the Pattaya Country Club.

Rules (the fine print):

Medal singles play, maximum handicap 36.

Entry restrictions:: As this is a fun tournament, any currently registered and/or ex-professional golfers are barred from entry.

Handicaps: Recognized handicaps are IPGC/PSC/Bangkok golf groups affiliated with theTG/R&A/and official USGA or R&A handicap.

Multiple handicap issues will be resolved by the tournament committee. All non-IPGC or non-PSC handicapped golfers are

required to provide proof of their current handicap at the time of course registration. Anyone without

proof of current handicap will play off scratch. R&A/USGA and local course competition rules apply.

Entry fee ot 1,500-Bt includes:

*Green and caddie fee

*A hole-in-one chance, on the nominated 3-par hole, for a new Toyota Fortuna SUV.

*Any hole-in-one on any other 3-par hole - prize provided by Pattaya Country Club

*Golf shirt, cap, towel, a sleeve of golf balls and a drink insulator.

*Coupons for 300-Bt worth of on-course drinks & snacks.

*Evening buffet

*Trophies, Prizes, Lucky Draw and Evening Buffet will commence at Pattaya Country Club at approximately 6:00pm.

*Prizes for nearest the pin, longest drive, nearest the line and lowest card of the day

*If transportation is needed, you must indicate at the time of entry. Free transportation to/from the course, departing at

8:30am from the Sugar Shack (Soi 13/3 -aka Pattayaland-1) and returning to the Sugar Shack after the event.

Prizes: Tournament Overall Winner (trophy and a high quality prize). Other place prizes for men and women winners.

(Note: the sponsor has yet to determine the full prize list)

Entry Fee & Registration: Submit entry forms and total entry fee to Tom Cooper at the Sugar Shack, no later than Sunday, January 7th.

Tom is usually there between 2pm - 10pm; he will have entry forms if needed. Entry fee is non-refundable in the event of

non-attendance and/or late registration at the course on the day of the event.

***Entries are limited and will fill-up fast...surely long before the January 7th closing date***

****Addendum....

I played at the 1st Aerogate. The hole-in-one prize was a Lexus SUV worth 4.2M-Bt, but as the insurance cost the sponsor

(the CEO of Aerogate) about 350,000-Bt, he decided to reduce his expenses and this year offers the Toyota Fortuna SUV

as the hole-in-one insurance was _only_ 125,000-Bt.!!

While many of the prizes have not yet been selected, for comparison, last year's prizes for each division were 1st prize

a $1000-US cell phone, 2nd was a set of Calloway clubs, etc., etc.; Lucky draw had Calloway golf bags, etc.

Surely, whatever prizes will be offered, they will be nice and far superior to any other non-professional bar or PSC tournament

in Pattaya. This tournament is unlike any other in Pattaya...where you might be charged high fees of 2500-3500-Bt and get far less!!

But, this tournament is subsidized, at a _significant_ cost by Aerogate.