Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just a quick one guys. Popping over in 4 weeks for a short stay. Tropical Berts was recommended to me by an ex pat friend though I gues he has never stayed there. Two questions 1. Being on Soi 6/1 what is the noise like if I wanted to sleep. 2. Guest friendly.

I only have 19 nights this trip considered staying here for a week and if okayI'd extend, and if not I'd move on I usually well only ever done the RG before which is okay except for the hard bed.

Thanks fellas

Great place. It's been the main place I've stayed for the last 3 years. Never had a problem with noise as the bathrooms are on the soi 6/1 side with the bedroom windows backing on to a quiet little cut through at the back of the building. Totally guest friendly as the entrances to the rooms are separate to the main bar. There are no ID checks though which may be a concern for some.

Rooms are pretty good, free wifi, in room safe and free breakfast included in the room rate. A very good package overall, provided the ladyboys hanging out further down the soi don't give you a problem!!

Stayed there myself last year for about a week.

Great place to stay, rooms are nice and clean.

No noise from 2nd road.

Ladyboys hang out further down the soi.

English or American breakfast is included.

Location can not be better when you are a soi 6 man like myself.

Shit there are not ladyboys in that street are there Villa will probably be scouting around the area. Thanks guys sounds ideal I'll give it a whirl Bert quoted me 650 a night for his superior room with brekkie included cant say no to that Thanks again hopefully catch up with a few of you while I am there

Bert's a good bloke who runs a decent place. Soi6/1 is relatively quiet at 2nd Road end. He is usually fully booked in all but the lowest of the low season. 650bht inc breakfast is low season rate, goes up a bit in high season,but still very good value.

At 650 per night including breakfast. I'd say grab it. It's a great deal. I eat breakfast there and Bert serves good pub grub. No worries about the noise. BTW I haven't stayed there but I've gone through the rooms and they are good value for the Baht. :rolleyes:

You are certainly in amongst the action. Id guess its noisy all night long there unless they have double glazing

It's not noisy.

Soi 6/1 is always quiet even before the Soi 6 bars close down at 01.00

I have stayed at Tropical Bert's many times, it's great value.

Say hello to Guitar for me :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there the last 2 holidays and will the next.

No noise issues at all.

The price is very good with brekky included, if you ask they

will do you Thai food (which I love) instead of an English breakfast

Bert is a real top bloke and will help you in any way he can.

IMHO the place can not be beaten its a shame it took me

20 years to find it.

And the location is great also right on the baht bus route

200 yards to the beach and 30 yards to soi 6

Edited by ranger