Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 244 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

How noisy are the beer bars these days?

A general question, sort of Hotel related, but I figure it'll get better exposure on this Board.

A couple of years back I stayed at the Eastiny in Soi 8 - nice Hotel, but the racket from the all night open air beer bars between Soi's 7 & 8 was a bit punishing, especially about 5am when you actually finally did want to get to sleep!  ;D

With the closing time crackdown, do these beer bars get shut down as well? Or at least turn their competing music sources off?  If so, this may be the only postive aspect of the social order crusade.  :D

Just curious! It will have some bearing on where I choose to stay next visit.

(Should be in town at the end of March - is Sunday night still the usual get together night? )

Cheers

Croc

A general question, sort of Hotel related, but I figure it'll get better exposure on this Board.

A couple of years back I stayed at the Eastiny in Soi 8 - nice Hotel, but the racket from the all night open air beer bars between Soi's 7 & 8 was a bit punishing, especially about 5am when you actually finally did want to get to sleep!  ;D

With the closing time crackdown, do these beer bars get shut down as well? Or at least turn their competing music sources off?  If so, this may be the only postive aspect of the social order crusade.  :D

Just curious! It will have some bearing on where I choose to stay next visit.

(Should be in town at the end of March - is Sunday night still the usual get together night? )

Cheers

Croc

I'm at the Eastiny right now and boy is it quiet after 2:00 a.m.  Some places open, but dark.  Others (the less successful bars) start to close down gradually.

Hope this helps.

Harv

Re the beer bars close at 2 am,

so what time could one get a drink at a beer bar after the sun rises.

Any early openers for an aperitif prior to breakfast?

cheers,

chico, thirsty dog, woof 8) 8) 8)

Re the beer bars close at 2 am,

so what time could one get a drink at a beer bar after the sun rises.

Any early openers for an aperitif prior to breakfast?

cheers,

chico, thirsty dog, woof 8) 8) 8)

Chico...hey!  What are you even doing up awake that early (grin).  You should either be sleeping or rolling around the sack with a cutie.

If it matters any, by the time I'm walking around, (10 or 11 at the earlies), some beer bars are open and there are a few guys hanging onto a beer.

Get over here quickly.

Harv

Harvey,

I hope I'll be doing the horizontal lambada  :D in the mornings but so far I don't have a good record with my choice of dancing partners.

First trip, only 3 out of 8 were worthy of a morning performance.  ::) ::)

It can only get better!! :P :P

Best wishes

chico, the dancing dog, woof  8) 8) 8)