Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Didn't stay there, but was at the Residence Garden, both have the same owner. I did look at a room at the Boathouse out of curiousity, and they are very nice. The room I looked at was a one room (bedroom only). Not like the suite set-up at the RG. Had a good breakfast at the Boathouse, American/English style. 90 baht if memory serves me. Boathouse is on Jomtien Beach Road at Soi 8. There is a web site for the Jomtien Boathouse at www.jomtien-boathouse.com  You can check out prices, pics, etc. there.

sindre

I stayed at the Boathouse in December and would give it a mark of ten out of ten.

The restaurant provides first class food from breakfast to evening meal and I would recommend you try the Captains coffee at least once.

The rooms are clean and big enough to relax in. I would ask for a room with a balcony over looking the beach, where you can watch an interesting world pass by.

My TG was made most welcome and even allowed to stay in my room for the night after I had left for the airport at midnight.

The trip into Pattaya takes only a few minutes on a baht bus, which are always available day and night and cheap at 10 baht one way.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Kevin

I am staying at the Boathouse at the moment and I would agree with everything Don has said above.

I have a room overlooking the bay with great views and even better sunsets if you like that sort of thing, the room also has a balcony. The hotel is new so the rooms and the whole place is spotlessly clean. They also have a live band playing most nights in the restaurant ( mostly middle of the road stuff)

Price I am paying is 1100 baht a night for myself and my TG which includes an american breakfast for two. Usual price is 95 baht each for the breakfast. For this time of the year and this quality of hotel I think it is excellent value. Absolutely no hassles with my girlfriend from the staff, although I did book the room for two people.

It is a small hotel with no swimming pool but with the beach 50 yards across the road who needs one?

I will be coming back !!!!  :)  

Happy New Year everbody

Andy