Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Class Hotel admid the action

Okay, I've spent enough time in "one night cheap hotels and sawdust restraunts with oyster shells."  Where 4,000 TB ($100 UDS) get you a modest room in the US, one can live quite comfortably in Thailand.  So I figure if I am going to fly half way around the world, why not treat myself (and my company) to a bit of comfort.

I am looking for accomodations which meet three criteria.  1 They must be guest friendly.  2 Near the action in South Pattaya and have exceptionally good rooms.   Any suggestions?

At the $100USD level all the hotels are guest friendly. Book a double and have them include the joiner fee. Montien, Amari Orchard, Marriott and Hard Rock are all 1st class hotels located near the action. Amari is furthest away and only 5 minutes by baht bus that goes by it's door. I've stayed at the Marriott very short walk to walking street and all the action. They have a great pool, nice spa, excellent food. I would stay there again. ;D ;D ;D    12 days

• 2 weeks later...

On Walking street, though at the quiet end is the Siam Bayshore.

One of the nicest places to stay in South Pattaya, though, I stress you should request a front facing Sea view room. They have a balcony with chairs.  Also I think the beachfront in front of the hotel is privately used by them.

Here's their URL;

http://www.siamhotels.com/sbs.html

The Dusit is at the other end of Pattaya

athough the amari has a great pool/swim up bar, its miles away from walking street and the rooms are no better/worse than flipper. the marriot is very nice with a great pool and very good rooms, joiner fee sucks the big one though.    siam bayview is reasonable, close to the action and if you book a room for 2 people you should avoid the joiner fee.   last but not least the hard rock would be my choice. very impresive pool, rooms very good, when i stayed in may, no joiner fee.

ps99- The Marriott in Pattaya is on Second Road. That's the big road running parallel to Beach Road...Second is one street up from Beach Road. The Marriot is right next to the big Royal Garden shopping mall and next to Shenanigan's Restaurant as well. The Marriott can be entered from Beach Road too...you would go through the pool area to get to the lobby. I forget exactly where the Beach Road entrance is, but it would have to be from somewhere on the left-hand side of Royal Garden Plaza from Beach Road as you are facing the shopping center. You could just enter Royal Garden from Beach Road, walk to the other side of the mall, exit on the Second Road side, look left....and there it is.

hard rock cost me 55 of your us dollars. in may, after leaving you in bkk i went to hua hin for 5 days and then returned to the hard rock for 3 days, staying with the ball and chain. very impressed with the hotel. drink prices in the bar are fucking outrageous though.

Have to agree with Baz on the drink prices.. Took the steady there and was shocked to actually be paying U.S prices for drinks, even for nahm sohm! I had to tell her that for 3$ u.s there better be some vodka in there. Hotel looks nice but i stay at the Hard Rock Vegas so i'll pass on the hotel but the band in the bar was great and definitely worth a look if you appreciate good live rock'n'roll and can stomach the drink prices. I also checked out the Blues Factory this trip and was really impressed although not a favorite among the tg's. Cheers, B-Man!

guest policy was good. security was a bit poor though. the ball and chain left for 30 mins, to get some things and returned 3 hours later with a girlfriend. she did check in with me, but they allowed her to bring her friend, no questions asked. thought i was in for some hot lesbo action, but no. :P :P  just showing her the hotel.

you bitch. 55 bucks to much eh? i thought you yanks were supposed to be the big spenders, and we brits the cheap charlies? never mind, ill treat you to a beach road crone next trip ;D

Doohhh!!!!!!, guess i had that coming Baz! All is good and the missus misses me vely much. Just landed a big gig here so looks like i won't be back till somewhere around x mas time. Knowing you and Smitty you may be back around then anyways! Take it easy bro! Cheers, B-Man!