Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Whats with this new Hotel tried to book a room there and they wanted money deposited into there account to confirm booking.A/C Name: Tawee Ngern Thong.,Ltd.

A/C No. 479-2-04534-8

Bank: Thai Military Bank

Branch: Pattaya Klang

Seems they want this when booking rooms from Oct.16th-Feb28th. Anyone else have this problem?

How is a person to know if this is hotel or staff's account number.

I think I'll just book again with R.G. very happy there last time, just wanted to check out new hotel.

I'll probably be booking with them for January in the next few days and I'll let you know if they tell me the same . If you are thinking about the RG they are fairly full in December & January so I would book quickly .

Derek

My friend and I stayed there in February.  Very nice place.   At the time they had a 300 baht visitor fee.  They have since dropped this policy.

I just reserved 4 rooms with them for a visit in December and I did give them a Visa Card number to confirm the booking.  I have no reason to believe they would do anything illegal.  From what I saw before, they are a top notch establishment.

dj

When i was booking a room at Diana Inn the also had a to pay a deposit of 1000 bath if i remeber correctly, but this is the only hotle i have experienced that with in Pattaya. It is quite custom for hotels in the US i think to pay a deposit, hotels do this to guard themself from "no show" guests.

Just about to book the Areca Lodge myself, all they have asked for is a fax of my credit card details, and they say they do not charge a deposit to the card. I believe that they charge a 5 percent fee for paying by CC, so may be better to settle the final bill in cash.

I am sure if there was any naughtiness at any major hotel in Pattaya regarding credit cards, it would soon be known via this and other boards.

I stayed at the Diana Inn in June, they asked for a 2000 Baht deposit, and send my CC details to them on their booking form as an attachment to an e-mail, not the most secure option I know, but all was handled properly and got a reservation deposit number to quote when I checked in.

The Residence Garden require faxed CC details, and their cancellation policy is clearly stated on their website.

Have a good holiday !