Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

After many requests looking for hotels around new year, I finally achieved success with the Diamond Beach Hotel. Location is excellent but I want to know what it's like. I read the reviews in the other section. The latest review is over a year old and the reviews are split. some think it's a good place and others say it is a shithole. The site wanted CC up front to pay in full, instead one of the lads had his TG call into hotel and she secured it with 2,000 bht deposit for 3 deluxe rooms. At least now we can up and leave if it is shitty. Any word on this place lads

It seems to be steadily going downhill on a yearly basis. The food is terrible, so don't even think of eating there. Rooms are so-so and in need of renovation.

But, you can also look at it this way, you have a room during the New Years celebration, you have a good location and all your going to do in the room is sleep and have some bedroom fun.

Pool on the rooftop is acceptable and I'm sure you can find other places to eat at.

ENJOY...!

I stayed there about 2 years ago. After the 1st night I found another hotel. Not bad if it is just a base until you find another place but when I was there the rooms were very musty smelling. I checked 3 rooms before I took one but still had the smell.