Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just a couple of questions about the RG.

1: Does the RG have a laundry service ?

2: Do they provide towels for use around the pool ?

Dode

I cannot emphasize it enough, do not stay at RG! You are right on a very very busy road with zero good vibes in the area. Basically, you'll leave the reception area and want to get the hell away from there. To me, that's not somewhere to call home. There are quiet hotels on or just off Walking Street and in my opinion, that's where a newbie should be. Not next to a busy highway....

Guest Winston_Churchill
Just a couple of questions about the RG.

1: Does the RG have a laundry service ?

2: Do they provide towels for use around the pool ?

Dode

laundry over the road is cheaper 2 min walk,yes towels for beach and pool, i stay there all the time love the place, kit has his own idea fair enough but i dont think he should put people off like he does!!!

Thanks for the info Winston. Kit has obviously taken a dislike to the place but that's down to him. I hope he's not referring to me as a newbie as this will be my 12th trip to LOS. I've stayed in a variety of Pattaya hotels ranging from 150 THB to 1200 THB a night and for 5 nights in March I will be trying out the RG. I will post my own opinion of the place after that.

Cheers,

Dode

How do you really feel Kit? Don't sugarcoat it!

Laundry across the street is much cheaper and the gal working there is very nice and friendly.

I have stayed at RG many times and find it to be a very nice place to stay for the $$$. Some road noise, just close the balcony door as already posted...No problem.

A word of caution! Be very careful in the shower, the tile floor when wet is like standing on ice. I slipped and fell once and was very lucky not to be badly hurt. Ib should really look into putting something on the floor other than the slippery tile!

As for the distance away from the action.......10 minute VERY HOT WALK! I have never had a problem getting a baht bus to the action or returning at all times of the day and night.

I cannot emphasize it enough, do not stay at RG! You are right on a very very busy road with zero good vibes in the area. Basically, you'll leave the reception area and want to get the hell away from there. To me, that's not somewhere to call home. There are quiet hotels on or just off Walking Street and in my opinion, that's where a newbie should be. Not next to a busy highway....

I've got to disagree with you, kit. Like many others here, I like the RG. Yes, the road is very busy but so is virtually any road in Pattaya.

However, up to you where you stay.

The Home Laundry across the road is very good and inexpensive. They are also honest. I somehow managed to leave some money in my trouser pocket when I put them in to be washed and the money was returned to me when I picked the washing up the next day. I gave her a tip for her honesty.

Alan

I like the RG as well, fine place to stay, never noticed any noise from traffic, but then again I'm not there too long, I'm going in March and have booked the RG as the place to stay. No problem with Baht Bus across the road and even the security guard is always on hand to help you across the road (not that I need it yet, still in my thirties) Staff friendly, TV & AC in bedroom & in living room, In room safe, nice food in restaurant, nice pool to relax at. I especially like the seperate bedroom tho