Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Multi Board Gridiron Challenge

OK Guys,

Here's the deal. I have started a private league on the ESPN Gridiron Challenge and plan to post the info on several LOS boards including the FLB, Nanaplaza, Ajarn, OFB, and perhaps a few others. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. We are just looking for guys you have a common interest in LOS and playing Fanasty Football.

For those who don't know, the Gridiron works in a simular way to the EPL football system. You start with a bankroll of $50 million. You'll need to choose 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 2 Kickers, and a defence while staying under budget. You can change (transfer) players as often as you like but the prices of the players move up and down (A LOT) based on their performance. And in American football you have to deal with BYE weeks where your player's team will have one week off during the season. This can be an issue because if you purchase a player at 5.4 mill and he goes up to 6.5 mill and then has a bye week, you either have to keep him and go with no points that week for his position or trade (transfer) him for someone at 5.4 who is going to be less productive...

Again, EVERYONE FROM ANY AND ALL LOS RELATED BOARDS ARE WELCOME:

To Join:

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/frontpage

Look for the Gridiron Challenge icon on the right hand side.

The Group name is LOS Gridiron Challenge

The password is thailand

The group ID is 16001

So here's the deal...

One League

All board members welcome

With luck we'll get a huge turnout from all over the world.

Good Luck,

Shilo

Edited by Shilo
I am in, but how do I change the name of my team ?

I had the same problem when I first started the league. Once you have signed up, select your team and then click on your current team name. There is an "edit" button where you can change it to whatever you want...

That must have been what some of the guys in England did last year after they kicked the asses of us Yanks. Suddenly their team name changed to something like

England 3 US 0 :D :D

Ah, but it's a new year and we're all currently tied for first :clap1

Just bringing this thread back up to the top of the page....

1st game of the new NFL season is this Thursday so if your interested in the Gridiron Challenge, there's still time to join :chogdee2

Shilo

I am in, but how do I change the name of my team ?

Hmmmm...LAST PLACE sounds like a great name for that team..

Thanks to Shilo, for getting it started this year, as we need the title back in the USA

Shilo

Just for your interest.The team name change was made by one sole UK member who won all three leagues (not to brag of course).The Brits always like to stuff the Yanks particularly at their own game. Look out for the repeat this year .

??????

Edited by bazz
Guest Winston_Churchill

i haven't got a clue here, it was supposed to start the games on Thursday did my team smash there egg? i got fuck all along with hammer and shilo i'm doing about as good on the epl, i will be along to your bar with my grand early November hammer,i'm not putting any wager on this mishmash i should finish rock bottom :rolleyes:

Shilo

Just for your interest.The team name change was made by one sole UK member who won all three leagues (not to brag of course).The Brits always like to stuff the Yanks particularly at their own game. Look out for the repeat this year .

??????

Ahh... but it's a new year, so we all start out tied for 1st :o

I'll have to keep a closer eye on who is who this year, but I'll do my best to avoid a repeat of last year...

Humm, I know it wasn't Winston (he has enough trouble with his own brand of football) and I know it wasn't Hammer (or I'd still be hearing about it)....

Oh well, no problem, as I see it the only thing that is left unsettled is 2nd place 2guns :bj2

Supreme commander of the as yet undefeated Prowlers,

Shilo

i haven't got a clue here, it was supposed to start the games on Thursday did my team smash there egg? i got fuck all along with hammer and shilo  i'm doing about as good on the epl, i will be along to your bar with my grand early November hammer,i'm not putting any wager on this mishmash i should finish rock bottom :o

WC,

Just like the EPL, sometimes different teams play on different days. There was only one game on Thursday and the scores you see were for those guys who had players in that game. All hell will break loose tomorrow (Sunday) when the rest of the league starts their season (except for the last game of the 1st week which will be played on Monday night).

By Tuesday morning we should know how everyone did. That is also when you'll have a chance to make any changes to your team. Actually, you have a pretty good set of picks for a rookie. Remember that in this league (unlike the EPL) there are no bonus points and you can make as many "transfers" as you like each week as long as you stay below the $50 mill limit.

Just wondering, do they show many American football games in England? We get most of the EPL games over here in the States...

Guest Winston_Churchill

Ed yes they do show it on satellite tv which i have,but i'm sorry i just can't watch it for 1 thing i don't understand it another it looks boring,i have put a team in i will try, it looks like an American only sport something not only me but the rest of the world doesn't have or want to know about a bit like gaelic football and australian rules football there are games which appeal to 1 country only, <grin unlike English football which has a world wide following.

The good thing about these threads is it keeps dusa off them because he knows fuck all :o

Edited by Winston_Churchill